Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore [MoS for Information and Broadcasting] inaugurated the first national workshop on photography and videography at New Delhi. The Workshop was designed according to parameters of Government of India’s “Skill India initiative”. More than 25 organisations from across the country have participated in the day-long workshop.
According to Minister, the workshop is a good attempt to sharpen the skills of government personnel associated with photography and videography.
The day-long workshop was organised by the I&B ministry. The Workshop has been designed to cover four sessions covering the twin themes of Photography and Videography. Renowned Cinematographer Santosh Sivan and Rajesh Bedi, the winner of Lifetime Achievement Award in the 3rd National Photography Awards shared their experiences at the workshop.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (hails from Jaisalmer, Rajasthan) won the Silver Medal in Men’s Double Trap at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.
- Rathore joined the BJP after taking voluntary retirement from the Indian Army. He retired as a Colonel in 2013.
- Rathore was elected as a Member of Parliament in the 2014 Lok Sabha election from Jaipur Rural constituency.
- Rathore was the chosen as the flag bearer for India during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China.
- Indian Government has conferred Rathore with Rajiv Gandhi Ghel Ratna Award, Padma Shri Award, and Arjuna Award.