India and US had signed an agreement to improve the system at Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). The agreement is signed by India’s DGCA and United States Technical Development Agency (USTDA) for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II in New Delhi.
- US will provide the fund to India to improve its overall aviation safety mechanism, which includes the areas of operation, airworthiness and licensing.
- USTDA will fund $808, 32, to improve systems at the DGCA.
- The Wicks Group (TWG) will provide the help of $75,000 at contractor firm.
- The phase 1 of the agreement, TWG had helped DGCA to organize the reconsideration by FAA in December 2014, the ministry said.
- The phase II of the agreement will help to support the efforts carry out during 2014 for restoration of IASA like components on general aviation and business aviation.
About Directorate General of Civil Aviation
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the Indian governmental regulatory body for civil aviation under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- It investigatesaviation accidents and incidents.
- It’s headquartered is in New Delhi.
- The Government plans to replace the organization with a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
About United States Technical Development Agency
- The US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) is one of the Independent agencies of the United States government.
- It was established in 1961.
- The aim of USTDA is to advance economic development and U.S. commercial interests indeveloping and middle income
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification