Vikas Kaushal Speech:
He said that being grown belief among global business leaders that India is finally embarking on a growth path that will see it unlock its full potential.
- He also noted the government has kick started reforms and has undertaken various measures to boost domestic demand, employment and macroeconomic stability in the country.
- He clarified that the global economic environment continued uncertainity in India and it is likely to fastens the growth rate.
- He denoted that India has emerged as the fastest growing economy in the world, surpassing China as well as Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
The Index of a London:
- The Index of a London-based consulting firm progresses political, economic, and regulatory changes which likely affect FDI.
- The Index is constructed using primary data from a proprietary survey administered to senior executives of the world’s leading corporations.
In this year’s survey, 32 per cent of the respondents suggested that more optimistic about India’s economic overview over the next three years.
The results of the Index:
- Show that domestic market size
- Cost of labour
- Regulatory transparency
- Lack of corruption
Rank Postions of Various Countries:
- The US and China hold top two positions in FDI Confidence Index
- Canada ranked at third position.
- Germany secured fourth position.
- The UK, Japan, Australia and France secured the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth position
- Singapore secured the tenth position.
A foreign direct investment is a controlling ownership in a business enterprise in one country by an entity based in another country.
About Foreign Direct Investment in India:
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India is the major monetary source for economic development in India.
- Foreign companies invest directly in fast growing private Indian businesses to take benefits of cheaper wages and changing business environment of India.
- Economic liberalisation started in India in wake of the 1991 economic crisis and since then FDI has steadily increased in India.