India and Indonesia have signed two agreements on new and renewable sources of energy and cultural exchange in the presence of Vice President M. Hamid Ansari and his Indonesian counterpart Jusuf Kala.
The officials agreed on two expected agreements
- Cooperation in new and renewable energy
- Renewal of the cultural exchange programme 2015-18.
Indonesian Water Resources and Mineral Minister and Indian ambassador to Indonesia Gurjit Singh signed MoU on New and Renewable Energy sector.
- Energy accord would serve the undertakings India and Indonesia had made to reduce carbon emissions by 35 and 29 per cent respectively by 2030.
- Dialogues held on expanding cooperation in defence, counter terrorism and trade.
- Vice-President expressed gratitude to Indonesia for its support in organising Sahabat India: The Festival of India in Indonesia’.
- Indonesia capital, Currency:Jakarta, Rupiah
- President: Joko Widodo