External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Norwegian counterpart Borge Brende, co-chaired the joint commission meeting for a bilateral conference on trade and investments to explore pioneer opportunities.
- Norway backed India’s bid for procuring membership of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) and Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
Norway indicated interest to be a participant in
- The Make in India initiative
- Smart cities and clean Ganga projects
- Development of ports
- Dialogue On: Trade, investment, infrastructure, renewable energy, skill development, fisheries, maritime matters, hydrocarbons, education, culture and health.
- ONGC and Reliance Industries have circles with Norwegian companies in the petroleum and energy sector.
- Around 70 Norwegian companies are pledged in India either through joint ventures with Indian partners or through wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Due to existing potential of IT expanding pacts, Indian IT majors like Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, ITC Infotech, Larsen & Toubro Infotech and Wipro have escalated their existence in Norway.
- Size of the Indian community in Norway is around 12,924.
- Prime Minister of Norway: Erna Solberg
- Capital, Currency: Oslo, Krone