According to a survey by global consulting firm Capgemini and LinkedIn, India has the highest proportion of Digital Talent among the countries surveyed.
Details about the Survey by Capgemini and Linkedin:
The Digital talent Landscape survey was conducted among employees and executives of large companies with more than 1,000 employees.
- 753 employees and 501 executives at the director-level or above took part in this survey.
- The survey was conducted from June to July 2017 across nine countries, including France, Germany, India, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Companies in automotive, banking, consumer products, insurance, retail and telecom sector participated in this survey.
Highlights of Survey by Capgemini and Linkedin:
At 76%, India had the highest proportion of Digital Talent among all the countries that were surveyed. The global average stood at 56%.
- 64 per cent organisations in India cited that digital talent gap has widened over the past few years.
- 49 per cent Indian respondents in the survey believe that their current skill set will be redundant in the next 4-5 years and 34 per cent believe that this will happen as early as the next 1-2 years.
- The survey outlined that India, the UK and Germany have the largest supply of digital talents. However, the migration of digital talent is also high from these countries.
- For every 4 digital talent moving into India, 10 move out of the country.
- US (47 per cent), UK (14 per cent), UAE (6 per cent) are the top three countries from which digital talents are migrating to India, whereas US (50 per cent), Australia (8 per cent) and UK (8 per cent) are the most preferred migration destinations for Indian digital talent.
Top 5 Countries having Highest Proportion of Digital Talent