AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs October 27 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which state cabinet approved a policy which seeks to provide legal protection to transgender community and thereby safeguard them from social and sexual exploitation?
2. Tamil Nadu
5. BiharAnswer – 3. Karnataka
Karnataka state cabinet approved a policy which seeks to provide legal protection to transgender community and thereby safeguard them from social and sexual exploitation. The objective of this policy is to remove the stigma attached to the transgender community and integrate them into mainstream of the society. Under the policy, an awareness drive will be conducted to sensitise general public about the rights of transgenders.
- Where did the International Conference on Consumer Protection for east, south and Southeast Asian countries held at?
1. New Delhi
5. HyderabadAnswer – 1. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated two-day International Conference on Consumer Protection for east, south and Southeast Asian countries in New Delhi. This conference is being hosted by the Department of Consumer Affairs under Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Theme of this conference is ‘Empowering Consumers in New Markets’
- Which State’s Assembly passed Backward Classes (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions in the State and of Appointment and Posts in Services under the State) Bill, 2017?
3. Uttar Pradesh
5. JharkhandAnswer – 2. Rajasthan
Rajasthan State Assembly passed Backward Classes (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions in the State and of Appointment and Posts in Services under the State) Bill, 2017 which increases reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBC) in the state from 21 per cent to 26 per cent. With the passage of this bill, reservation in Rajasthan now stands at 54 per cent which is higher than 50 per cent ceiling set by the Supreme Court.
- In which city of India, International ‘PUN’ (Puppets Unite Neighbours) festival is celebrated?
5. IndoreAnswer – 4. Kolkata
Six-day ‘International Puppet Festival’ began in Kolkata, West Bengal on October 26, 2017. This festival is christened ‘PUN’ (Puppets Unite Neighbours). The festival is aimed to revive interest in puppet art in India and to bring together puppeteers from different countries. Puppeteers from countries like the UK, Germany, Peru, Portugal, Italy, Lithuania, Brazil and Singapore will perform during the course of this six-day festival.
- Under which mission the solar plants are installed on the roof tops of Hazrat Nizamuddin, New Delhi, Anand Vihar and Delhi railway stations?
1. Solar System Mission
2. NASA’s solar Mission
3. National solar system Exploration
4. National Solar Mission
5. GOI mission on solar panelAnswer – 4. National Solar Mission
Union Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal launched railway’s first set of solar plants with a total capacity of 5 megawatt peak (MWp) installed on the roof tops of Hazrat Nizamuddin, New Delhi, Anand Vihar and Delhi railway stations. Mr. Goyal launched these plants at the inauguration of the International Conference on Green Initiatives and Railway Electrification. This project was awarded in December 2016 and has been set up at a cost of Rs.37.45 crore under government’s National Solar Mission.
- In which North Indian state, Tawang festival is celebrated?
1. Arunachal Pradesh
5. MizoramAnswer – 1. Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the Tawang festival. The NEC (North Eastern Council) secretary Ram Muivah inaugurated the traditional games and sports competition. Exhibition stalls were inaugurated by the chief minister. They contain products and materials from horticulture, agriculture, forest and textile departments, NGOs and local community bodies.
- The Special Centre for Disaster Research is inaugurated in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi. For the first year, the centre will focus on which part of India?
1. Southern India
2. North Eastern states
3. Jammu Kashmir
4. Eastern India
5. Western IndiaAnswer – 2. North Eastern states
Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Special Centre for Disaster Research at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi. The centre will offer Masters and Doctorate programmes in Disaster Risk Management (DRM). For the first year, the centre will focus on disaster research in North Eastern states of India.
- India along with which country signed MoU to implement the programme for Helicopter Operations from Ships other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC)?
5. SingaporeAnswer – 3. US
In a bid to strengthen maritime security, India and the United States have agreed to implement the programme for Helicopter Operations from Ships other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC). This decision was taken during a meeting between Indian Defense Minister, Ms. Nirmala Sitharama and US Secretary of Defence Jim Mattis. The meeting between Ms. Sitharaman and Mr. Mattis was held on October 25, 2017 in Philippines on sidelines of ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting.
- Which Continent has more billionaires at present according to UBS AG report?
5. AustraliaAnswer – 3. Asia
As per a report by UBS AG and Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Asia now has more billionaires than US, for the first time. In 2016, combined wealth of billionaires across the world increased 17 percent to $6 trillion. During 2016, 117 Asians entered the billionaire club for the first time, taking the total of billionaires in Asia to 637. Billionaire headcount for US stands at 563. Although Asia has surpassed U.S. in terms of number of billionaires, US billionaires still possess the greatest amount of wealth at $2.8 trillion
- Which is the first country to leave International Criminal Court?
5. BurundiAnswer – 5. Burundi
African country Burundi has withdrawn from International Criminal Court (ICC) with effect from October 27, 2017 and has thus become the first nation to do so. International Criminal Court is an international tribunal (located in Hague, Netherlands) having authority to prosecute individuals for the international crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. In recent years, governments of three African countries, South Africa, Gambia and Burundi expressed their intent to leave ICC citing the reason that it focuses too much on African nations.
- Which country signed MoU with Sri Lanka to construct 1,200 houses through 50 model villages in Sri Lanka?
5. RussiaAnswer – 4. India
India and Sri Lanka signed two agreements for construction of 1,200 houses through 50 model villages in Sri Lanka. Two MoUs were signed by Indian High Commissioner Taranjit Singh Sandhu and Secretary to the Ministry of Housing and Construction W K K Athukorala signed two Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) in Hambantota, Sri Lanka. 1200 houses will be constructed with Indian grant assistance of 600 million rupees.
- Where did the 4th ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus held at?
5. SingaporeAnswer – 4. Philippines
The 4th ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM)-Plus was hosted by the Philippine Department of National Defence. The meeting was chaired by Secretary of National Defence of the Philippines Delfin Lorenzana. Defence department leaders from 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) nations and 8 dialog partners participated. They delivered speeches on regional security situations and issues of common concern.
- To check the increased coastal erosion on the coastal region of which state, the GOI signed an USD with Asian Development Bank?
4. Andhra Pradesh
5. OdishaAnswer – 2. Karnataka
International financial institution, Asian Development Bank has signed a USD 65.5 million loan agreement with Government of India for checking coastal erosion on the western coast of Karnataka. This is the second tranche of a USD 250 million financing facility under the Sustainable Coastal Protection and Management Investment Programme.
- According to “CS Family 1000” report by Credit Suisse Research Institute, India is in which position in the highest number of family-owned businesses in the world?
5. FirstAnswer – 1. Third
As per “CS Family 1000” report by Credit Suisse Research Institute, India has 3rd highest number of family-owned businesses in the world. As per the report, there are 108 publicly-listed family-owned businesses in India, which is the third highest in the world. With 167 family-owned businesses, China is at the top followed by US, which has 121 such businesses.
- Where is the Asia Pacific Japan region’s first Leonardo Centre located in India?
5. TrichyAnswer – 1. Bengaluru
SAP launched the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region’s first SAP Leonardo Center, in Bengaluru. The Leonardo Centre in Bengaluru is the first in Asia Pacific Japan region and the fourth SAP Leonardo Center globally. The centre is located in the SAP Labs India, Bengaluru campus. Other SAP Leonardo Centers are located in New York, Paris and Sao Leopoldo.
- Which Indian Software giant has signed a pact with the National University in the Philippines to launch a comprehensive training programme aimed at enhancing the skills of university graduates for the job market?
5. HCLAnswer – 2. TCS
Indian software company, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has signed a pact with the National University in the Philippines to launch a comprehensive training programme aimed at enhancing the skills of university graduates for the job market. Under this scheme, 5000 students of National University, Philippines will have access to digital courses, updated curriculum, faculty training, workshops and internships which will train them to acquire skills required in Information Technology (IT) and ITeS (IT Enabled Services) sector.
- Who became the UK’s most influential black person, by topping the 2018 ‘Powerlist’ of 100 people of African and African Caribbean heritage?
1. Diana Abbott
2. Ignatius Sancho
3. Lenny Henry
4. Paul Boateng
5. Gina MillerAnswer – 5. Gina Miller
Indian-origin campaigner, Gina Miller, became the UK’s most influential black person, by topping the 2018 ‘Powerlist’ of 100 people of African and African Caribbean heritage. On 25th October 2017, the 2018 ‘Powerlist’ of 100 people of African and African Caribbean heritage, was published by Powerful Media in London. Gina Miller is 52 years old. She has been ranked the Britain’s most influential black person for winning a legal challenge that prevented British Prime Minister Theresa May from triggering Brexit without Parliament’s approval.
- Which Indian State’s Chief Minister received the Golden Peacock Award, at the 17th London Global Convention, held in London?
1. Andhra Pradesh
5. KarnatakaAnswer – 1. Andhra Pradesh
Chandrababu Naidu received the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ under the category, Global Leadership in Public Service and Economic Transformation. Nara Bhuvaneswari, Chandrababu Naidu’s wife and managing director of the Heritage Foods received ‘Golden Peacock Award’ under the category Corporate Governance and Sustainability. The Golden Peacock Award was instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD) of India in 1991. This award is regarded as a benchmark of corporate excellence worldwide.
- Who is the recently added board member of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)?
1. Mukesh Aghi
2. Nisha Desai
3. Richard Verma
4. Sanchit Agarwal
5. Pallavi GoelAnswer – 3. Richard Verma
Richard Verma has been added as a board member of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF). He is the 25th U.S. Ambassador to India. He was the first U.S. Ambassador to India to visit all Indian states during his tenure. He is currently the Vice Chairman of The Asia Group, where he leads the firm in South Asia. In addition, he is a Centennial Fellow at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service, and he co-chairs the Center for American Progress’ U.S.-India Task Force.
- Which university researchers have developed a new tool for objectively defining the onset and departure of the Indian Summer Monsoon (ISM)?
1. Colombo University
2. Oxford University
3. Florida State University
4. IIT, Delhi
5. University of CaliforniaAnswer – 3. Florida State University
The researchers from Florida State University, US have developed a method that uses rainfall rates to mark the span of the Indian Summer Monsoon (ISM) at any given location throughout the affected region. The new system ties the onset of the monsoon to location-specific rainfall thresholds. The researchers said that, no existing system has allowed researchers to reliably define the parameters of the season with this precision.
- A completely fossilized skeleton of ‘fish lizard’, a type of marine reptile that lived in the Jurassic-era, has been discovered for the first time in which part of India?
1. Kheda district of Gujarat
2. Nadia district of Westbengal
3. Darjeeling district of Westbengal
4. Kutch district of Gujarat
5. Banka district of BiharAnswer – 4. Kutch district of Gujarat
An almost completely fossilized skeleton of ‘fish lizard’, a type of marine reptile that lived in the Jurassic-era, has been discovered for the first time in India from Kutch district of Gujarat. The skeleton was discovered by a team of Indo-German geologists near the Kaas hills of Bhuj town, in January 2016. At that time, it was believed to be fossil of a dinosaur. After a year-long study experts have concluded that the fossil was of ichthyosaur from the Jurassic era. It is the first to be found in India. It is 5.5 metre long.
- Which country has qualified for the Hockey World Cup for the first time?
5. N.AmericaAnswer – 2. China
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) declared that China have qualified for the Hockey World Cup for the first time. China’s place was confirmed when South Korea drew 1-1 with Malaysia, a result which put the Malaysians into the final against India. While China created history, it was a dark day for the South Korean team which will not be part of the World Cup for the first time since 1998 event in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Who wins bronze in the 50-metre pistol at ISSF World Cup Final hosted by India?
1. Abinav Bindra
2. Amanpreet Singh
3. Vijay Kumar
4. Ronjan Sodhi
5. Anjali BhagwatAnswer – 2. Amanpreet Singh
India’s Amanpreet Singh secured third place in the 50-metre pistol final at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup Final in Delhi on October 27, 2017i. He shot 76 out of 80 targets, three behind gold medallist Hu Binyuan (79). This is Sangram’s first-ever medal in senior level, earlier he had won a gold at the Asian Shooting Championship for junior back in 2009 and silver in World cup. Amanpreet shot 202.2 to win the bronze in the final of men’s 50m pistol at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting ranges.
- Who is popularly known as the ‘gutkha baron’?
1. Henry Ford
2. Bill Gates
3. Rahul Bajaj
4. Rasiklal Dhariwal
5. Martha StewartAnswer – 4. Rasiklal Dhariwal
Rasiklal Dhariwal, an industrialist popularly known as the ‘gutkha baron’, died due to parotid gland cancer, at Ruby Hall Clinic, in Pune. Rasiklal Dhariwal was 78 years old. He died due to parotid gland cancer on 24th October 2017. He is survived by his wife, son and four daughters.
- Who is Punathil Kunjabdulla?
5. PoliticianAnswer – 3. Writer
Malayalam writer Punathil Kunjabdulla passed away at a private hospital, in Kozhikode, Kerala. Kunjabdulla was 77 years old. He was suffering from an aging-associated disease for a long time. On 27th October 2017, he died at a private hospital in Kozhikode.
- When was the Infantry Day celebrated by the Indian Army?
1. 28th October
2. 27th October
3. 26th October
4. 29th October
5. 30th OctoberAnswer – 2. 27th October
On 27th October 2017, Infantry Day was celebrated by the Indian Army. Wellington Military Station celebrated the 71st Infantry Day on 27th October 2017. A wreath laying ceremony (laying flowers at a memorial site) was organized at the war memorial of the Madras Regimental Centre.
- What is the Theme for The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2017 which was celebrated on 27th oct ?
1. Find and Acknowledge
2. It’s your story-don’t lose it
3. To build awareness on Perseverance
4. Discover, remember and share
5. Through Images and SoundsAnswer – 4. Discover, remember and share
The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is celebrated to mark the adoption, of the Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images, by the 21st General Conference, in 1980. Theme for The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 2017 is “Discover, remember and share”. This day aims to create awareness to preserve and acknowledge the importance of audiovisual documents.