The members of the US religious commission seeking to investigate the declining religious independence in the country have been denied the Indian Visa.
- The US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) is an independent, bipartisan US federal government commission with commissioners appointed by the US President and the leaders in both Houses of Congress.
- The Chairman of USCIRF is Robert P. George
- The members of the commission prepare reports on Religious Freedom in various countries across the globe.
The principal responsibilities of the Commission include:
- Review violations of international freedom internationally
- Review violations of the International Human Rights Law
- Making policy recommendations to the US President, Secretary of State and the Congress.
A three member team of the USCIRF sought entry to the country for a one week visit as the country has been reportedly discussing Intolerance and religious disturbances for a few years.