The One Day International (ODI) tour of India’s to Zimbabwe has done and dusted with the visitor’s dominant in the all the departments over the hosts in all three games that held at Harare Sports Club is a cricket ground in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- The series was filled with comprehensive winning streak also comes 9 wickets, 8 wickets and 10 wickets margin in the three match ODI series.
- In a tour to Zimbabwe there were that featured with galore of records and the team had toured with newly appointed for tour coached by Sanjay Bangar.
- The Skipper MS Dhoni became the first Indian captain to lead the team in three ODI series whitewashes. Also the young Indian top order KL Rahul emerging as the player of the series in his debut ODI series.
- India also sealed a hat-trick of whitewashes against the hosts, having won earlier ODI series in 2013 and 2015 when Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane led the sides in the respective years.
The Glowmanship of MS Dhoni:
- The skipper and stumper became the first Indian wicket keeper-batsman to complete 350 dismissals in 50-overs cricket.He has taken 261 catches and effected 89 stumpings.
- He now stands fourth in the overall list behind Kumar Sangakkara (482), Adam Gilchrist (472) and mark Boucher (424).
- Notably the skipper has not batted in an ODI series where more than one match was played, this is the first occasion in his 278-ODI career.
- He also became the 2nd most successful ODI skipper with 107 wins. He is joint second with Allan Border, and behind Ricky Ponting (165).