Recently, Intergovermental agreements between India and Netherlands have been signed in New Delhi in order to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two nations. The agreements were signed in the presence of Indian PM Mr Narendra Modi and PM of Netherlands Mr Mark Rutte after the discussions held between the leaders regarding regions and the world in general.
• Netherlands PM Mark Rutte is on two day visit to India.
• Indian PM Modi said both the nations are going to be benefitted from bilateral and multilateral collaboration in terrorisms, defence, maritime security and cyber security etc..
Various agreements signed are
• Agreements on manufacturing of dredgers at the Cochin Shipyard.
• Agreements in the production of Measles and Rubella vaccines in India with technology transfer from Netherlands.
• Agreements in the development of coastal roads and metro lines in India.
• Joint Working Group on skill development agreement.
• Developing Joint pilot project for electric vehicle ecosystem in India in the renewable energy is another agreement.
• Setting up centres of excellence in areas like animal husbandry and horticulture etc agreement.
• Agreement on setting up Joint Working Group on Counter Terrorism .
• A dutch team would would be visiting India sooner for drawing a roadmap for collaboration in National Clean Ganga Mission
Netherlands and Maharashtra are to collaborate in the infrastructure development and delivery in and around Mumbai city .
For a knowlege partnership and research in agricultural business sector like cold chain infrastructure,,life stock production , MoU was signed between Netherland’s Wageningen university and Telangana government .• Netherlands is major partner in the economic development of India because of its second largest Indian population in Europe and many dutch companies have long presence in India.
• Both India and Netherlands are the fifth largest source of their investments in each nations.
National Mission for Clean Ganga NMCG — NMCG is is a society registered formed by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change MoEFCC on 12th August 2011. The arear of operation of NMCG would be Ganga River Basin, including the states through which ganga flows, as well as National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Objective of NMCG is ensuring of effective abatement of pollution and rejuvenation of river Ganga by using river basin approach and to maintain minimum ecological flows in the river Ganga to ensure water quality and environmentally sustainable development.