The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has made its debut in Top 100 Universities ranking in Engineering and Technology.
- Ranking was published by Times Higher Education (THE).
- Top Three Universities – Stanford University (1st), California Institute of Technology (2nd) & Massachusetts Institute of Technology (3rd).
- IISc made its entry at 99th spot.
- The Top 10 positions have been commanded by US institutions but its overall count of Universities has dropped to 31 from 34 in comparison with last year.
- On the other hand Asian universities grabbed six positions in the Top 30 this year. Asia has shown a progress which holds 25 positions in the Top 100, moved up from 18 positions last year.
About Times Higher Education (THE)
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings provide the definitive list of the world’s best universities. Evaluation is done on the basis of teaching, research, international outlook, reputation and more.
- It was founded in 2004.
- Its data is trusted by governments and universities and are a vital resource for students, helping them choose where to study
- Times Higher Education ranking for engineering and technology subjects applies rigorous standards, using tough global benchmarks across all of a global research university’s key missions.