The Independent commission on doping headed by Richard W. Pound has submitted its report to World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) on 9 November 2015 in Vienna, Switzerland.
- On 16 December 2014 WADA instigated 3 members Independent Commission (IC) comprised of Mr. Richard W. Pound, Mr. Richard H. McLaren & Mr. Gunter Younger to investigate the allegations raised from the German documentary named “Top Secret Doping: How Russia makes its Winners”.
- IC was given with a responsibility to validate the breaches of processes or rules, breach of the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL), breaches of anti-doping rules by athletes, coaches, trainers, doctors and other members.
Highlights of Report
- Grigory Rodchenkov (Director of the Moscow Laboratory) should be permanently removed from his position.
- Sergei Nikolaevich Portugalov (Chief of the ARAF Medical Commission) should be permanently removed from his position.
- Moscow Laboratory to be provisionally suspended from all testing activities and all samples collected in Russia be sent for analysis at other accredited laboratories.
- World Anti-Doping Agency imposes lifetime bans on five Russian coaches and five athletes, including the gold and bronze medalists in the women’s 800 meters at the 2012 London Olympics.
- RUSADA and ARAF * should be immediately declared as Code non-compliant.
- Wada shall make all the declarations and take all the actions recommended in this Report.
*RUSADA – Russian National Anti-Doping Agency
ARAF – All-Russian Athletics Federation
WADA is an international independent agency was created to bring consistency in anti-doping policies and regulations by monitoring their implementation within sports organizations and governments worldwide.
- It was established in November 10, 1999.
- Headquarter – Montreal, Quebec, Canada