As all of you know it very well that IBPS PO MAINS was conducted on 30 November 2019. You must be eagerly waiting for the reviews and analysis of this exam, so affairs Cloud is here with the detailed analysis of this exam.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
Name of tests
No. of questions
|Time allotted for each section test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
Reasoning Ability (Moderate-Difficult):
Reasoning section was Moderate to Difficult. There were 45 questions of 60 marks.
- New pattern of Direction based on distance assumption questions was asked.
- Old pattern of Inequalities was asked.
- Old pattern of Statement and Assumption based questions was asked.
- Old pattern of Machine Input & Output questions but time-consuming.
- New pattern of Machine Input & Output model was asked.
Exact Question Asked in Reasoning:
Ten books are there. Each book has certain pages. Each of those books has certain book codes.
i.Steps to do in case of books with even number pages:
For eg. 100 pages. Divide the even page by 5. it becomes 20. Then multiply by 3 it becomes 60. then divide it by 4. Final answer 15 is the book code.
ii.Steps to do in case of books with odd number pages:
For eg. 93 pages. Divide the odd number by 3. it becomes 31. Then multiply by 4. It becomes 124. Divide it by 2. Then it becomes 62. The book code is 62 for the book having 93 pages.
After finding all these, arrange all those ten book codes in ascending order. The first five book codes belong to group ‘A’. The last 5 book codes belong to group ‘B’.
Data Analysis & Interpretation (Difficult):
It consisted of 35 questions of 60 marks. Aptitude was Very Tough and Data Interpretation was of hard level & time-consuming.
- In the Aptitude section, they were asked fully based on data interpretation.
- Bar chart data interpretation was based on sales of three products XYZ in 2012,2014 and 2016.
- Graph-based data interpretation.
- Probability-based data interpretation, this di was Based on the number of Boys and the number of girls in three classes.
- Time and work-based data interpretation. Battery capacity in a toy and the battery discharging capacity based on its hand and neck movement.
English Language (Easy-Moderate):
It consisted of 35 questions of 40 marks. English language was Easy to Moderate level.
- Comprehensions were easy. It was based on the economy with a focus on Bhutan country & another comprehension on work-life.
- They asked Word replacement between two sentences.
- New pattern word replacement where you have to solve the question on four sentences were given. N with the answer u get, the actual question will be asked.
General Awareness (Easy-Moderate):
General Awareness section was Easy to Moderate. It consisted of 40 questions of 40 marks. It also included Current Affairs, Static GK, Current Banking Awareness and Static Banking Awareness. Most of the GA questions asked from November, October, Some questions asked from September & one question from July.
|Topic||Number of Questions asked|
|Current Banking Awareness||15|
|Static Banking Awareness||3|
Letter writing (150 words):
a)Complaint to road transport officer for the usage of led lights in vehicles that bind drivers.
Essay writing (250 words):
a) Advantage and Disadvantage of Four Day Work in a Week.
b) Social media influencers and their impacts.
Click Here To View IBPS PO Main Exam Questions