Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, the type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1 – 5): (A) only 1st follows (B) only 2nd follows (C) either 1st or 2nd (D) neither 1st nor 2nd (E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: All children are students. Some students are adults. All adults are workers. Conclusions: I. Some students are workers II. All children being adults is a possibility (E) both 1st and 2nd Explanation:
- Statements: Some books are poetry. All poetry is philosophy. Some philosophy is psychology. Conclusions: I. Some books are philosophy II. Some psychology is not philosophy (A) only 1st follows Explanation: As seen in second venn, all psycology being philosophy is a possibility so, Some psychology is not philosophy does not follow
- Statements: Some oceans are seas. All oceans are rivers. No river is a canal. Conclusions: I. No ocean is a canal II. At least some seas are rivers. (E) both 1st and 2nd Explanation: If some oceans are canal, then some rivers will be canal which is not possible as per 3rd statement.
- Statements: Some towers are flowers. No flower is tree. Some trees are petals. Conclusions: I. Some petals are towers II. Some trees are not towers (D) neither 1st nor 2nd Explanation: As seen in 2nd venn, all trees are towers is a possibility, so some trees are not towers does not follow.
- Statements: No day is night. All nights are noon. No noon is an evening. Conclusions: I. No evening is night II. All days being noon is a possibility. (E) both 1st and 2nd Explanation: As seen in 1st venn, No evening is night is true because, if some evening is night then some noon will be evening which is not possible as per 3rd statement. As seen in 2nd venn, all days being noon is a possibility.
Directions (6-10) : Study the following information and answer the questions that follow: There are 8 persons in a family who are sitting in a circle facing centre. G’s father is sitting second to right of G. E, G’s sister is sitting second to the right of H and is not the immediate neighbor of D. D is the daughter-in-law of A and sitting third to the left of A. A couples with C B is the daughter of G and is sitting third right to G’s sister. G has 2 children (both unmarried). F is C’s son and is sitting third right of A. A is H’s grandfather.
- How many males are there in the family? A) 3 B) 4 C) 5 D) None of these E) Cannot be determined E) Cannot be determined Explanation: Since we don’t know H is male or female, it cannot be determined.
- With how many people G has blood relation? A) 3 B) 4 C) 5 D) 6 E) 7 D) 6 Explanation: Wife will not be included in blood relation.
- Who is to the immediate left of G’s father? A) H B) E C) F D) C E) None of these A) H
- Which of the following is false with respect to E? A) E is having a blood relation with F. B) E is sitting second to the left of F. C) E is C’s daughter D) E is B’s uncle E) E is sitting opposite to D. D) E is B’s uncle Explanation: E is B’s aunt.
- Which of the following will come in place of ? as per the given arrangement? FD HE BG CB ? A) GA B) GE C) AC D) EF E) HE D) EF Explanation: After FD, one place is left, after HE – 2 places left so after CB – 4 places left