Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, the type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1 – 5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
In a certain code, ‘always create new ideas’ is written as ‘ba ri sha gi’, ‘ideas and new thoughts’ is written as ‘fa gi ma ri’, ‘create thoughts and insights’ is written as ‘ma jo ba fa’, and ‘new and better solutions’ is written as ‘ki ri to fa’.
- What is the code for ‘ideas’?
E) Cannot be determinedC) gi
New- ri, so ideas – gi
- What does ‘fa’ stand for?
E) solutionsD) and
‘fa’ and ‘and’ – both present in last three
- ’fa lo ba’ could be a code for which of the following?
A) thoughts and action
B) create and innovate
C) ideas and thoughts
D) create new solutions
E) always better ideasB) create and innovate
From que 2, fa – and
ba – create from 1st and 3rd code
lo and innovate not present anywhere, so lo can be innovate
- What is code for ‘new’?
E) baB) ri
From 1st and last code, new – ri
- Which of the following may represent ‘insights always better’?
A) jo ki to
B) ki to ri
C) sha jo ri
D) to sha jo
E) sha to baD) to sha jo
Insights – jo, always – sha,
Better is ‘ki’ or ‘to’
So code should be ‘jo sha ki’ or ‘jo sha to’. ‘jo sha to’ is present in options
Directions (6 – 10):
(A) only 1st follows
(B) only 2nd follows
(C) either 1st or 2nd
(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
(E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: All chairs are handles. No handle is table. Some tables are mats. All mats are tanks.
I. Some tanks are handles.
II. All mats are chairs is a possibility.(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
If all mats are chairs, then some handles will be chairs, which is not possible so 2nd does not follow.
- Statements: All horses are goats. Some goats are dogs. No dog is cat. Some cats are tigers.
I. Some tigers are goats.
II. All tigers are goats is a possibility(B) only 2nd follows Explanation:
1st conclusion is not definite, so does not follow.
2nd is a possibility.
- Statements: All horses are goats. No goat is dog. Some dogs are cats. All cats are tigers.
I. Some tigers are horses.
II. Some dogs are horses is a possibility.(D) neither 1st nor 2nd
If some dogs are horses, then some goats will be dogs which is not possible, so Some dogs are horses is not a possibility.
- Statements: Some numbers are digits. All digits are alphabets. No alphabet is a vowel. All consonants are vowels.
I. No digit is a vowel.
II. All consonants are numbers is a possibility(E) both 1st and 2nd
If any digit is vowel, then some alphabets will be vowels which is not possible. So 1st conc. follow.
- Statements: All bricks are flowers. Some houses are flowers. All pens are houses.
I. No pen is flowers
II. Some pens are flowers.(C) either 1st or 2nd
Both conclusions are wrong. Subject and predicate in both conc. is same. One is positive and the other negative. So either of two follows.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification