Welcome to Online Quant Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are starting IBPS Clerk course 2015 and we are creating sample questions in Reasoning section, type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Main Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1-5): Study the following information to answer the given questions:
Eight persons – A, B, C, D, P, Q, R and S are sitting in a circle. Some are facing the centre and others away from the centre such that no two adjacent persons are facing away from the centre.
A sits to the immediate left of C and exactly one among them is facing the centre. S and Q are facing each other. D sits second to the right of A as was as to R. P sits second to the left of R. Q sits to the immediate left of D. B sits third to the right of P.
- Who are facing away from the centre?
A) D, A and P
B) A and P
C) A and D
D) D and P
E) Cannot be determined
- Who sits to the immediate right of D?
E) None of these
- How many persons are sitting between A and B when counted from the left of A?
E) None of these
- Who is sitting third to the right of D?
- Which of the following is correct with respect to the arrangement?
A) A is sitting second to the right of D
B) There are two persons sitting between P and R.
C) R is sitting between P and B.
D) Q is sitting second to the right of B.
E) None of the above is correct.
- Sujeet is facing west direction. He moves 8 km and then turns to his left and walks 4 km. After this he turns to his right and walks another 7 km before turning to his right again. Now he walks 12 km and finally walks 3 km after turning to his right. Find the distance between this point and the starting point.
A) √52 km
B) 4√52 km
C) 52 km
D) 2√52 km
E) √104 km
Directions (7-8): Study the following arrangement and answer the questions below:
H 9 3 P $ K E % 4 F R 1 U @ W G 2 M I 5 B Q Z 6 © * N ^ 8 V J
- What will come in place of (?) in the following series? WG UM R5 ? E6
E) None of these
- How many such numbers are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately preceded by a letter and immediately followed by a symbol?
E) More than three
Directions (9-10): Read the following information to answer questions that follow:
Due to the rising of unemployment rates, voters punished the ruling governments in west. Their parliament is a buzz with campaigns marked by criticism of India as an outsourcing hub. The west India is seen as a land of call centers and back offices with cheap labour.
- Which of the following statements will weaken the argument given?
A) Highly skilled and qualified employees are not required in outsourcing jobs.
B) If the organizations give outsourced jobs, nearly 35% of the unemployed people would secure jobs in the west.
C) The governments in the west are expected to change their decisions of outsourcing jobs after suffering loses in the elections.
D) Outsourcing had created jobs in all the part of India.
E) Both A and B.
- Which of the following can be inferred from the information given? (an inference is something which is not directly stated but can be inferred from the given facts)
A) Countries which do not outsource jobs do not face the problems of unemployment.
B) Developing countries like India and China do not outsource their back offices to other countries.
C) Unemployment in India is not as severe as in west.
D) Employees working in call centers and back offices in West earn much more than their counterparts in rest of India
E) None of these can be inferred.