Welcome to Online Quant Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are starting IBPS Clerk course 2015 and we are creating sample questions in Quantitative Aptitude section, type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Main Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
- A group of men were assigned a work. After half of the work completed, double the number of men joined the original group. Now the work gets completed 6 days earlier than the scheduled number of days. What is the total number of days the initial group of men would have taken to complete the work?
A) 12 days
B) 16 days
C) 18 days
D) 15 days
E) None of theseC) 18 days
Let initially x man are there to complete work in 2y days
Now after half of work completed, i.e. after ‘y’ days, double men before joined the group – this means now there are 3x men working.
So after y days
M1*D1 = M2*D2
x*y = 3x*(y-6)
y = 9
so total days x men would have taken = 2y = 18 days
- Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 15 and 20 minutes respectively. Another pipe C can empty the same tank in 30 minutes. They are opened one by one in order A, B, C for 2 minutes each. What is the total number of days required to fill the tank?
A) 30 1/3 minutes
B) 30 minutes
C) 32 2/3 minutes
D) 36 minutes
E) None of theseC) 32 2/3 minutes
In 1 minute, A does 1/15 work, B does 1/20 work and C does -1/30 work
So in 2 minutes, A does 2/15 work, B does 2/20 work and C does -2/30 work
After (2+2+2) = 6 minutes , work done is (2/15) + (2/20) – (2/130) = 1/6
Multiply by 5 both sides, so
After 30 minutes, work done is 5/6
Remaining work = 1 – 5/6 = 1/6. Now after this there is A’s turn and in next 2 minutes A does 2/15 work, so now work left = 1/6 – 2/15 = 1/30
So now 32 minutes passed, remaining work is 1/30 and there is B’s turn. B does 1/20 work in 1 min, so the remaining 1/30 work in 2/3 minutes
So in total 32 2/3 minutes
- A, B and C start a business and their investments are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 8. A started the business, after 3 months B joined and after 6 month from start of business C also joined. In addition to the share in profits A gets a salary of Rs 2000 per month. After a year it was found that that P’s total salary was 20% of the total profit. What is B’s share in the total profit?
A) Rs 27,000
B) Rs 24,000
C) Rs 32,000
D) Rs 30,000
E) Rs 35,600C) Rs 32,000
After a year A gets salary = 2000*12 = Rs 24,000
So 20% of total profit = 24,000
Total profit = Rs 1,20,000
A invested for 12 months, B for 9, and C for 6 months
Ratio of profit shares =
5*12 : 6*9 : 8*6 = 10 : 9 : 8
Profit left after deducting salary of A = 1,20,000 – 24,000 = 96,000
So share of B = [9/(10+9+8)] * 96000
- A dealer calculated 20% as profit percent on an article but mistakenly on selling price. What would be the actual profit percent?
E) None of theseB) 25%
Original profit % can be calculated as [20/(100-20)] * 100 = 25%
Given 20 = [(SP-CP)/SP] * 100
So SP = (5/4) * CP
Actual profit% = [(SP-CP)/CP] * 100 = [((5/4)*CP – CP)/CP] * 100 = 25%
- There are two trains of lengths 130 m and 110 m respectively. Both start at same time. If they travel in same direction they cross each other in 20 seconds and if they travel in opposite direction towards each other, they cross each other in 12 seconds. What is the speed of the fastest train?
A) 16 m/s
B) 14 m/s
C) 10 m/s
D) 12 m/s
E) 8 m/sA) 16 m/s
Let speed of 1st train = s1 m/s, of 2nd train = s2 m/s
Then when they travel in same direction, relative speed = s1-s2
So (130+110) = (s1-s2)*20. This gives s1 – s2 = 12
When they travel in opposite direction, relative speed = s1+s2
So (130+110) = (s1+s2)*12. This gives s1 + s2 = 20
Solve both equations, s1 = 16
Directions (6-10): Study the following graph carefully and answer the questions given. The following graph shows the percentage growth of LCDs and LEDs.
- What is the average percentage growth of sales of LEDs for the given years?
E) 25B) 35
- If the LCDs sold in 2012 were 100000, how many LCDs were sold in 2015?
E) None of theseB) 300000
From 2012 to 2015, % growth in LCDs = [(30-10)/10] * 100 = 200%
So if in 2012, the number is 100,000, then in 2015 is [(200+100)/100] * 100,000
- What is the difference between the number of total LCDs and total LEDs sold for the given years?
E) Cannot be determinedE) Cannot be determined
Since we are given only % growth, so cant be determined.
- For LEDs sale, in which year is the per cent growth the highest compared to previous year?
E) None of theseB) 2014
For 2012, % growth is [(25-20)/20] * 100 = 25%
For 2013, % growth is [(25-25)/25] * 100 = 0%
For 2014, % growth is [(50-35)/35] * 100 = 42.8%
- In which year is the difference in the growth between LCDs and LEDs lowest?
E) None of theseE) None of these
In 2013 it is lowest
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification