On October 14, 2020, a webinar was conducted at the launch of Affordable Rental Housing Complex (ARHC) portal (http://arhc.mohua.gov.in/) and for the releasing of guidelines and guidebook, from New Delhi which was addressed by Union Minister of State (MoS)- Independent Charge (I/C) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- He also launched a National Report on ANGIKAAR – a campaign for change management for PMAY-U (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban) beneficiaries through a 3 C strategy- Community Engagement, Convergence and Communication. The report is a recollection of various activities under the campaign i.e. October 2019-October 2020.
- A short movie ‘ANGIKAAR 2019…a reminiscence’ showing a journey of the campaign so far, was also released.
About ANGIKAAR Campaign:
Launched on 29th August 2019, its objective is to build capacities to manage change by focusing on issues such as water & energy conservation, waste management, health, tree plantation, sanitation and hygiene for beneficiaries of completed houses PMAY (U).
- Around 18,500 ANGIKAAR Resource Persons were trained by about 2,200 specialists of City Level Technical Cell (CLTC) working in 4,427 cities of PMAY (U).
What are Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs)?
On July 8, 2020, Union Cabinet approved the Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) as a sub scheme under PMAY (U) to provide ease of living to urban migrants/poor. They will be implemented through two Models:
- Model-1: Utilizing existing Government funded vacant houses to convert into ARHCs through Public Private Partnership or by public agencies for a period of 25years.
- Model-2: Construction, Operation and Maintenance of ARHCs by Public/ Private Entities on their own available vacant land for a period of 25 years.
Central Govt. will also provide Concessional Project finance under Affordable Housing Fund (AHF) & Priority Sector Lending (PSL), Exemption in Income Tax and GST and Technology Innovation Grant for promotion of innovative technologies in ARHCs.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 11, 2020, Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Climate Smart Cities Assessment Framework (CSCAF) 2.0, along with the “Streets for People Challenge” in a virtual event organised by the Smart Cities Mission from New Delhi.
ii.On September 17, 2020, Minister of State (MoS) Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Civil Aviation inaugurated India’s first General Aviation Terminal at Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport, Delhi to handle the flight operations and movement and processing of passengers flying through of private jets or chartered flights.