Train Route: Between Bareilly and Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh
Train Speed: 115 km/hr
Motive: Innovative Plan of increasing the speed of the trains.
Spanish train Talgo put to the test in India for the first time.
Features of Talgo :
- Lightest and fastest mode of transportation
- Consumes less energy of 30% and consists of Nine Coaches
- Includes two Executive Class cars, four Chair Cars, a cafe and a power car
- The special tail-end coach for staff and equipment safe purpose
- Without deceleration of speed the train moves on the curved tracks
- A senior railway worker handled by a 4,500 HP diesel engine train
- The total distance covered by the train is 90 km
Rajdhani Express travelling via Delhi – Mumbai train runs at the speed of 85 Km/hr while Talgo overcomes the speed of Rajdhani Express by 80-115 km/hr
Hamid Akhtar, Executive Director of Railways’ Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) notified that the three more trains will be in run near future
- The coaches were filled with sand bags and also in empty
- The next attempt will be on Rajdhani route between Mathura and Palwal.
- Test duration of 40 days by raising the speed upto 180 km/hr
- Talgo aluminium coaches are imported from Barcelona and harboured at Mumbai port
- Talgo forecasts and reducing the time of Delhi-Mumbai from 17 hours to 12 hours
- TALGO is an acronym of Tren Articulado Ligero Goicoechea Oriol, Goicoechea-Oriol.
- It is a light articulated train
- Founders of the company: Alejandro Goicoechea and José Luis Oriol
- Incorporated in 1942