On July 31, 2018, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG), Oil & Gas CPSEs and its offices celebrated Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st to 15th July, 2018.
- The theme of MoPNG initiatives in this Pakhwada were “Innovation” and “Sustainability”.
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan led a cleaning drive in Satyanagar, Bharatpur and Khandagiri areas of Bhubaneswar which have been adopted by Indian Oil .
- MoPNG organized an essay writing competition, slogan writing competition on “Meri Swachhta”, paint a poster competition, workshop on Jute Bag making.
- Maiden initiative of Swachhata inter-refinery competition ranking of Oil & Gas CPSEs and their 4200 attached offices was conducted in association with Quality Council of India (QCI) across 50 cities Pan-India based on their performance in Swachhta Pakhwada.
The results are :
|Top City with company||Rank|
Several initiatives launched by the Ministry of P&NG are:
- ONGC launched projects for construction of total 4282 units of IHHLs, School Toilets, Community Toilets in more than 45 villages across the country.
- Inter-alia Project GreenSole: recycling of old shoes and manufacture of 5025 pairs of new shoes for poor school children
- Installation of 2 units of “Ashudhhinashak” which are incinerators not requiring electricity or fuel were launched in 118 schools in Hazira, Gujarat.
- Launch of solar-powered clean drinking water ATMs in Tripura, Jharkhand, Odisha and Assam reaching to more than 1 lakh people.
- Collection of around 700 garbage bags under ‘Cleanathon Himalaya’ programme.
- Distribution of jute bags in replacement of plastic bags to the consumers.
- Seed Balls dropped at designated dry, barren lands on the sides of Highways and river side for afforestation.
- A QR Code campaign was launched allowing public to register their support for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Visakhapatnam.
About Swachata Pakhwada:
♦ Launched in April 2016.
♦ It started with the objective of bringing a fortnight of intense focus on the issues and practices of Swachhata by engaging GOI Ministries/Departments in their jurisdictions.