The Holland football legend Johan Cruyff has died peacefully in Barcelona, in the presence of his family of lung cancer at the age of 68.
- The Dutchman, was named as the world player of the year on three occasions. He guided Holland to the World Cup final in 1974 and as a manager he spent eight years in charge of Barcelona.
- Cruyff scored 392 times in 520 games over a 19-year career but his influence reached far beyond creating goals, thanks to his qualities as a leader, thinker and speaker.
- As a player for Dutch international, Cruyff played 48 matches, scoring 33 goals. As a coach he had 242 victories in 387 matches, with 75 draws and 70 losses.
- He was adjudged as European Footballer of the Year in 1971, 1973 and 1974.Johan Cryuff.
- He joined Barcelona for a then-world record transfer fee of $2.0 million.
- Hendrik Johannes Cruijff was born on 25 April 1947 in Amsterdam, He had been a heavy smoker and had heart surgery in 1991. His death comes less than six months after he had been diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Johan was also a successful manager, winning two Dutch Cups with Ajax, before again making the switch to Barcelona. There, he would win four consecutive league titles between 1991 and 1994.