Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online English Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from FILL IN THE BLANKS & SAME/OPPOSITE WORDS which is based on IBPS PO MAINS PATTERN. !!!
- While it is _________possible to inflation-index cash entitlements and food stamps,the ________nature of food prices would make it a more difficult process than envisaged.
1) theoretically, volatile
2) absolutely, stable
3) hypothetically, slow
4) not, unpredictable1) theoretically, volatile
- The actress is _________that she has not only acted opposite her childhood hero, but has also ________out a song and recited a poem on-stage with the living legend.
1) overjoyed, belted
2) morose, sung
3) ecstatic, written
4) tense, prepared1) overjoyed, belted
- ____________to popular belief that red meat makes human aggressive, scientist have found that it actually has a calming effect.
Sticking-extending out above a surface or boundary
contrary-very opposite in nature or character or purpose.
- From its_____________opening sequence, it is clear that we are in the grip of a delicious new voice, a voice of breathtaking.
Evocative-recreate strong feelings, memory etc.
- It is rare to find a book that so effectively cuts through the cloths of nationality, caste and religion to reveal the bare bones of______________
Virtually-in essence or effect but not in fact
- Scientists, working to save the earth, have created ‘dry water’ that soaks carbon three times better than water, and hence helps___________global warming.
- If supermarket were so_______, why is the west providing a massive______for agriculture.
(1) sundry, help
(2) productive, support
(3) efficient, subsidy
(4) Successful, coverage
(5) myriad, profitAnswer-(3) efficient, subsidy
- Drama had its earliest beginning in the corporate life of the village, the______form of settlement that took______in England.
(1) reigning, area
(2) predominant, place
(3) ascendant, venue
(4) arbitrary, reservation
(5) controlling, positionAnswer-(2) predominant, place
- The______of India as an economic superpower is not reflected in the______of life enjoyed by its 1.2 billion citizens according to the human development index which ranked India very law among 182 countries.
(3) spirit, joy
(4) pursuit, quality
(5) confidence, dissatisfactionAnswer-(4) pursuit, quality
- The visit by itself had a unique start with the prime minister_______his home state and, in doing so,_______his priorities.
(1) Exhibiting, flashing
(2) boasting, nodding
(3) promoting, indicating
(4) showcasing, signalling
(5) representing, pointingAnswer-(4) showcasing, signalling