Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence fillers, which is BASED ON SBI PO/IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams !!!
- The situation in higher education is further exacerbated with systemic ___________; a large ___________ of sanctioned teaching posts in central universities often lie vacant.
1) prowl, origin
2) sally, source
3) misinformed, indiscretion
4) inadequacies, proportion
5) failing, thoughtlessnesAnswer : 4)
inadequacies – the state or quality of being inadequate; lack of the quantity or quality required.
Proportion – a part, share, or number considered in comparative relation to a whole.
- Far from taking India forward on the path to progress; our politicians cutting across states and party lines are keeping it ___________ and ___________, and in several cases, pushing it backward still.
1) moronic, dragging
2) shackled, stagnant
3) hiked , crawling
4) safari, groveling
5) jogged, hobblingAnswer : 2)
shackled – chain with shackles.
Stagnant – (of a body of water or the atmosphere of a confined space) having no current or flow and often having an unpleasant smell as a consequence.
- Abundance of this ___________ power allows politicians across administrative levels to subvert the rule of law and ___________ a rule of will; undermining the very foundations of a republic.
1) fallibility, inching,
2) march, quailing
3) naive, shambling
4) foible, skulking
5) discretionary, imposeAnswer : 5)
discretionary – available for use at the discretion of the user.
Impose – force (an unwelcome decision or ruling) on someone.
- One way to break out of this ___________, as some of our finest professionals have shown us, is to migrate to another country where governments and politicians are more ___________ towards their citizens.
1) nescient, shuffling
2) predicament, considerate
3) oblivious, slinking
4) frailty, slithering
5) gremlin, sneakingAnswer : 2)
predicament – a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation.
Considerate – careful not to inconvenience or harm others.
- The success of GST Council has showed us that there’s a possibility of creating similar pan-India forums for developing and ___________ different policy ___________, among them tourism.
1) obsessing , squirming
2) swallowing , worming
3) ticking , wriggling
4) glitch, writhing
5) implementing, verticalsAnswer : 5)
implementing – put (a decision, plan, agreement, etc.) into effect.
Verticals – .a vertical line or plane.
- To iron out such negative ___________ of tourism, the National Tourism Bill provides for several ___________ which are aimed at reducing the negative impact because of tourism.
1) unconscious, prostrate
2) uncultivated, procumbent
3) repercussions, provisions
4) inadequacy, decumbent
5) incompleteness, recumbentAnswer : 3)
repercussions – an unintended consequence of an event or action, especially an unwelcome one.
Provisions – the action of providing or supplying something for use.
- It was a must-go school for the___________ mind; it was an opportunity for the ___________ class; and it was a heaven for many others.
1) infirmity, certain
2) insatiable, mercantile
3) peccadillo, categorical
4) taint, accurate
5) curable, absoluteAnswer : 2)
insatiable – (of an appetite or desire) impossible to satisfy.
Mercantile – relating to trade or commerce; commercial.
- It ___________ one to forge one’s own path and follow one’s own light with ___________ faith and with the realisation that the Divine Light is with him, in him.
1) entails, implicit
2) eradicable, obvious
3) intermittent, definitive
4) occasional, distinct
5) temporary, lucidAnswer : 1)
entails – involve (something) as a necessary or inevitable part or consequence.
Implicit – suggested though not directly expressed.
- Another prevailing ___________ regarding spirituality is, that it mandates rigorous, self-abstinent ascetic measures and even abdication of the world, thereby making it ___________, formidable and almost inaccessible.
1) ambiguity, enigmatic
2) unpredictable, perspicuous
3) capricious, precise
4) freakish, straight
5) individual, accessibleAnswer : 1)
ambiguity – the quality of being open to more than one interpretation; inexactness.
Enigmatic – difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious.
- ___________ a spiritual level is taking a compassionate cognisance of God-created life that is ___________ all around us.
1) terminal, plain
2) occasional, barefaced
3) episodic, evident
4) Attaining, pulsating
5) severe, conclusiveAnswer : 4)
Attaining – succeed in achieving (something that one has worked for).
Pulsating – expand and contract with strong regular movements.