Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The question is whether the_______court should be_______with the responsibilty of examining the correctness of every case decided by the High Courts, and whether it should not be allowed to devote its time entirely to settling questions of constitutional importance.
1) culmination, disburden
2) crown, unburden
3) apex, burdened
4) nadir, chargeAnswer – 3)
Explanation: apex, burdened
Apex – the top or highest organization , सर्वोच्च
Burdened – something difficult or unpleasant that you have to deal with , बोझ
- Constitutional questions may refer to the validity of a statute or a rule, or to issues that require________of the Constitution. A third concern relates the oft-cited difficulties of_________from different parts of the country for whom New Delhi may be too far.
1) assimilation, helper
2) interpretation, litigant
3) blank, associate,
4) apprehension, colleagueAnswer – 2)
Explanation: interpretation, litigant
Interpretation – the action of explaining the meaning of something , व्याख्या
Litigant – a person involved in a lawsuit , मुकदमेबाज; विवादी
- It has obtained legal opinion that a Constitution________to revisit the Supreme Court’s role would be________as it would change the court’s character under the Constitution.
1) freedom, justifiable
2) freedom of speech, forgivable
3) first amendment, excusable
4) amendment, impermissibleAnswer – 4)
Explanation: amendment, impermissible
Amendment – a change to a law that is not yet in operation and is still being discussed , संशोधन
Impermissible – not permitted or allowed , अनुचित
- Mr. Prabhu has rightly realised that a major challenge is to recover lost ground in_______ , where a________decline has had a negative impact not only on the Railways’ finances but on the economy as well.
1) contraction, yielding
2) constriction, surrendering
3) freight haulage, persistent
4) adhesion, relentingAnswer – 3)
Explanation: freight haulage, persistent
Haulage – the commercial transport of goods , ढुलाई
Persistent – continous , लगातार
- Mr. Prabhu has taken a________approach to ensure a long-term solution. Aware that the success of any plans would________their execution, he has spelt out initiatives to restructure operational management and processes.
1) therapeutic, hinge on
2) hurtful, disregard
3) injurious, forget
4) untherapeutic, rememberAnswer – 1)
Explanation: therapeutic, hinge on
Hinge on – depends on , निर्भर करना
Therapeutic – causing someone to feel happier ,खुश करना
- India had tacitly backed the________, which resulted in a virtual________and a shortage of essential supplies in Nepal.
1) disturbance, opening
2) relaxation, infarct
3) laziness, infarction
4) agitation, blockadeAnswer – 4)
Explanation: agitation, blockade
Agitation – worry and anxiety ,उतेजना
Blockade – the situation in which a country or place is surrounded by soldiers to stop people or goods from going in or out , नाकाबंदी , घेराबंदी
- The net result of the Indian hand in the unrest, and of New Delhi’s percieved partisanship, had been a________of________in Kathmandu.
1) renascence, bellicism
2) resurgence, jingoism
3) failure, unbias
4) renaissance,Answer – 2)
Explanation: resurgence, jingoism
Resurgence – bringing again into activity, पुनर्जीवित
Jingoism – the extreme belief that your own country is always best , कट्टर राष्ट्रवाद
- They could still project the halt in the economic embargo and return to normalcy in the Madhes as a sign of victory and resist any further concessions towards a truly federal Nepal. But that would only amount to further_________, which could prove________again in the longer run.
1) Lie, advantageous
2) Detest, assisting
3) brinkmanship, detrimental
4) activate, beneficialAnswer – 3)
Explanation: brinkmanship, detrimental
Brinkmanship – the activity of trying to get what you want by saying that if you do not get it, you will do something dangerous , अस्थिरता
Detrimental – causing harm or damage , नुकसानदेह
- The approach________to address this spans three key tacks — expanding the freight basket by moving away from________on bulk commodities, rationalising tariffs to stay competitive and building terminal capacity.
1) obscure, strength
2) indistinct, independence
3) enunciated, dependence
4) hazy, freedomAnswer – 3)
Explanation: enunciated, dependence
Enunciated – to express something in clear manner , सपष्ट रूप से बोलना
- A key issue to be settled is whether it will be________for the highest court to share with a possibly inferior court of________its power under Article 136 to grant special leave to appeal on High Court orders.
1) unwise, revocation
2) advisable , appeal
3) injudicious, retraction
4) uncorrect, refusalAnswer – 2)
Explanation: advisable , appeal