Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The controversy surrounding the World Culture Festival being_________by the Art of Living (AOL) foundation on the floodplains of the Yamuna river highlights a_________failure of urban planning.
1) disordered, tiny
2) organised, colossal
3) broken, small
4) confused, teenyAnswer – 2)
Explanation: organised, colossal
- From the Delhi Development Authority to the Delhi Pollution Control Committee, authorities were_________and gave permission thoughtlessly.
4) negligentAnswer – 4)
- We saw this with the Chennai floods last December, which were_______because of_______damage to the Pallikaranai marshlands.
1) happy , capacious
2) content, broad
3) exacerbated , extensive
4) collected, boundlessAnswer – 3)
Explanation: floods, extensive
- In the same vein, Mumbai’s huge________fire in January that forced schools to shut down for almost a week was a disaster waiting to happen.
4) uprightAnswer – 2)
- Unless and until urban planning takes into account environmental_________, our cities will not only grow unliveable but also_________large-scale damage from catastrophes such as floods and earthquakes.
1) injury, help
2) hurt, comfort
3) protection, suffer
4) harm, assist,Answer – 3)
Explanation: protection, suffer
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley and his colleagues never miss an________to assure foreign investors that they are committed to providing a stable tax environment.
4) misfortuneAnswer – 3)
- If the goal is to create a_______society, why should such a welfarist approach be______only to the relatively better off – do the poor not need pensions as well?
1) engaged, unaffixed
2) pensioned, applied
3) pointed, appendant
4) employed, affixedAnswer – 2)
Explanation: pensioned, applied
- If individuals, who do most of the saving, are not provided a stable environment, it will have_______ consequences for the economy. Growth is bound to suffer.
4) favorableAnswer – 2)
- NDA should desist from_______people into annuity products. If there are not many______, it is on account of their quality.
1) pushing, takers
2) abeyant, ontinual,
3) dormant, permanent
4) immobile, desperateAnswer – 1)
Explanation: pushing, takers
- It’s the aspirational sections of society who__________NDA’s voting percentages and powered its election victories.
4) improvedAnswer – 3)