Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- As Parliament_______nationalism in the aftermath of the JNU and Rohith Vemula incidents, many clashing views were aired.
4) ententeAnswer – 3)
- He reminded us of the historical evidence that state-condoned campaigns against “anti-nationals” lead to_______rule and erode democracy.
4) authoritarianAnswer – 4)
- Tagore not only composed the Indian national anthem, but also Bangladesh’s and_______ Sri Lanka’s composition.
4) exhortAnswer – 1)
- Battle lines are drawn at the opening of Parliament’s budget session, with clashes breaking out principally on the government’s_______of university students, from Rohith Vemula’s suicide to the JNU sedition cases.
4) hinderingAnswer – 2)
- When din drowns out work in Parliament people sometimes look_______towards China, whose economy is now five times that of India’s.
4) wistfullyAnswer – 3)
- Things have gone downhill since the last UPA government which BJP opposed at every step, coming up with slogans such as “not allowing Parliament to_______is also a form of democracy”.
4) idleAnswer – 3)
- Change is desperately needed and it should be vigorously_______by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself.
4) spearheadedAnswer – 4)
- The government also needs to choose wisely the political battles it will fight, instead of _______its capital.
4) uglyAnswer – 3)
- It has let the ball drop, for example, on the critical land_______issue – when job creation will be hit if industries cannot acquire land.
4) dearthAnswer – 3)
- The two are now looking to team up in Bengal – with one opinion poll________that if this were to happen, BJP wouldn’t even be able to open its account in coming assembly elections.
4) consentingAnswer – 2)