Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- This is not all bad; in fact, acknowledgement of globalization’s__________effects on millions of advanced-economy workers is long__________.
1) creating, Proterozoic
2) calming, Archeozoic
3) disruptive ,overdue
4) calming, Primeval
5) soothing, ArcheanAnswer – 3)
Explanation : disruptive ,overdue
disruptive – causing or tending to cause disruption.
overdue – not having arrived, happened, or been done by the expected time.
- __________market economies have also reaped major gains, using export-oriented industrialization as a__________for rapid growth.
1) escaping, starting post
2) decamping, starting line
3) departing, starting gate
4) dissipating, starting blocks
5) Emerging, springboardAnswer – 5)
Explanation : Emerging, springboard
- From 1998 to 2008, the middle class in advanced economies__________no income growth, while incomes__________by nearly 70% for those at the top of the global income distribution.
1) fledgling, driblet
2) unfledged, tricle
3) untested, crumb
4) experienced ,soared
5) uninitiated, smidgenAnswer – 4)
Explanation : experienced ,soared
- The main culprit is technological change that__________routine manual and__________tasks, while increasing demand (and wages) for highly skilled workers.
1) pinch, torso
2) pearl, tenement
3) morsel, embodiment
4) automates ,cognitive
5) molecule, constitutionAnswer – 4)
Explanation : automates ,cognitive
- Indeed, in the industries and regions hit hardest by import competition, years of__________discontent have now__________over, fueling support for populists promising to roll back globalization.
1) dormant, contraction
2) simmering ,boiled
3) inert, surrogate4) inactive, modulation
5) immobile, mutationAnswer – 2)
Explanation : simmering ,boiled
- While digital technologies open the door for small companies and__________to participate in the global economy, there is no__________that sufficient numbers will walk through it.
1) break, difference,
2) distortion, fragileabout-face, freak3) individuals ,guarantee
4) variation, weak
5)variation, allegianceAnswer – 3)
Explanation :individuals ,guarantee
- Data__________requirements and protectionism are on the rise, and data privacy and cyber-security are pressing__________.
1) localization , concerns
2) addition, concludes
3) native, connects
4) remodeling, culpable
5) transition, palpableAnswer – 1)
Explanation : localization , concerns
- Mid-career__________must be made available not only to those who have lost their jobs to foreign competition, but also to those facing__________from the continuing march of automation.
1) compression, vicissitude
2) refinement, establishment
3) conversion, steadiness
4) variety, endurance
5) retraining , disruptionAnswer – 5)
Explanation : retraining , disruption
- Most of the advanced economies, including the US, have not__________responded to the needs of the communities and individuals left__________by globalization.
1) adaptable, after
2) diversification, reversal
3) accuracy, beyond
4) adequately, behind
5) adherence, backboneAnswer – 4)
Explanation : adequately, behind
- Effective responses will__________policies that help people__________to the present and take advantage of future opportunities in the next phase of digital globalization.
1) aplomb, assurance
2) assign, proverb
3) admit, variance
4) require , adapt
5) recruit, constancyAnswer – 4)
Explanation : require , adapt