Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- It is only the financial, real estate and professional services segment, which is linked to consumption, that____________, with the pace of expansion more than halving from the July-September quarter to a modest 3.1% increase.
5) precipitancyAnswer – 4)
Explanation : lagged – showing a delayed effect.
- As before, the fact that multiple studies of the demographics of crime suggest that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans has not____________him from making such____________proposals.
1) persuaded, patient
2) instigated, tolerant
3) deterred, xenophobic
4) obstructed, disdainful
5) obviated, dogmaticAnswer – 3)
Explanation : deterred, xenophobic
deter – discourage (someone) from doing something by instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.
Xenophobic – having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
- While many Americans may be willing to replicate presidential strategies of purposeful equivocation, they are probably hoping that, at the very least, Mr. Trump’s speech may be an inflection point in his evolution toward a more refusing ethos.
1) to vicarious, most fighting
2) for incite, much stubborn
3) of incised, more disdain
4) with loathe, many antagonistic
5) to tolerate, more conciliatoryAnswer – 5)
Explanation : to tolerate, more conciliatory
conciliatory – intended or likely to placate or pacify.
- It is hard to____________how much of Mr. Trump’s attack on the global____________system, which he blames for taking away Americans’ jobs, is____________, and how much portends actual policy change.
1) degrade, amusement, bluff
2) distinguish, trade, bluster
3) disgrace, distraction, bombast
4) belittle, diversion, swagger
5) debase, recreation, swaggeringAnswer – 2)
Explanation : distinguish, trade, bluster
Distinguish – recognize or treat (someone or something) as different.
bluster – talk in a loud, aggressive, or indignant way with little effect.
- The persistence of the____________has led to some degree of____________owing to the inability of the Congress government to bring it to an end, even if the government’s defence that any____________measures against the UNC would have led to violence cannot be summarily____________.
1) badge, breach, hostility, arouse
2) blockade, disaffection, punitive, dismissed
3) debut, animosity,antipathy, awaken
4) premiere, resentment, aversion, reminisce
5) sneak, antagonism, repugnance, bethink edAnswer – 2)
Explanation : blockade, disaffection, punitive, dismissed
blockade – an act or means of sealing off a place to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving.
- The law enforcement machinery must then____________whether U.S. national security was in any way____________by those____________. The third question regarding whether Mr. Sessions lied under____________to Congress about his meetings, a potential____________under U.S. law, may make his continuance in office uncertain.
1) performed, juncture, waken, integrations, schism
2) determine, compromised, interactions, oath, felony
3) fixed, compliance, division, breach, rift
4) flash on, fastening, retrospect, rupture, burglary
5) summon, rouse, revive, fractures, splitAnswer – 2)
Explanation : determine, compromised, interactions, oath, felony
- The Union Cabinet’s proposal to have a temporary tribunal that will subsume existing tribunals is expected to provide for speedier fluctuation.
1) permanent , adjudication
2) brief, evanescent
3) transitory, volatile
4) transient, indecision
5) episodic, postponementAnswer – 1)
Explanation : permanent , adjudication
- The____________matters immensely to the outcomes in Syria, the future of the____________European Union, and across an increasingly multipolar world.
1) denouement, embattled
2) climax, compliant
3) curtain, etangle
4) windup, tolerant
5) culmination, submissiveAnswer – 1)
Explanation : denouement, embattled
- It is of course possible to learn even more by going back to citizens and_________data on their experience___________online tools.
1) assertion, alarming
2) harnessing, revealing
3) affirmation, prevailing
4) allegation, doing
5) application, creatingAnswer – 2)
Explanation : harnessing, using
- They____________the high stakes that are woven into India-Pakistan relations, and the need to keep certain issues such as water-sharing above the politics of the moment.
5) begrudgeAnswer – 4)
Explanation : reaffirm