Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- This might have been because, again_________, no Indian captain has been a hero to his vice-captain, and_________two power centres in the team have_________problems.
1) occasionally, abstain, created
2) traditionally, sometimes , caused
3) genuinely, many times, made
4) previously, any times, scred
5) commonly, rared, get byAnswer – 2)
Explanation : traditionally, sometimes , caused
- Both these captains have enjoyed the authority to_________their deputies to handle things in their_________, although neither has_________to use that authority.
1) laid, presence , suffered
2) stamped, novice, survived
3) noticed, flee, sincere
4) nominate , absence, needed
5) attempted, abscond, wastedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : nominate , absence, needed
- After the_________of the jallikattu protest, which I sometimes think might well just have been years of pent-up_________getting an airing, they are now_________for a Chief Minister.
1) excitement ,dissent, battling
2) destitute, devoid, hack
3) godforsaken, ratification, tussle
4) unfurnished, endorsement, authorization
5) uninhabited, concurrence, sanctionAnswer – 1)
Explanation : excitement ,dissent, battling
- As this goes to press, the tussle between wannabe Sasikala’s proxies and the _________OPS is still playing out in a riveting_________see-saw battle that puts to shame anything Kollywood might_________.
1) unoccupied, vacant, create
2) shrewd, suddenly, produce
3) depleted, desert, encounter
4) deserted, desolate, wrestle
5) hollow, lacking, tangleAnswer – 2)
Explanation : shrewd, suddenly, produce
- Released from the criminal_________sword that used to hang_________over their heads, everyone here suddenly has an opinion on politics and is not_________to voice it.
1) defamation , menacingly, afraid
2) abandoned, bare, feeble
3) evacuated, exhausted, struggle
4) vacuous, void, coward
5) barren, deflated, confrontAnswer – 1)
Explanation : defamation , menacingly, afraid
- As you can see, between_________during the anthem and_________during the newsreel, cinema-going has become a rather_________experience these days.
1) reputing, straight, stark
2) standing , squirming, fraught
3) spending, vertical, despoiled
4) character, reputation, vacated
5) erecting, status, forsakenAnswer – 2)
Explanation : standing , squirming, fraught
- It is a reminder of sibling love that turned bitter and ultimately led to the_________fall of the House of Arcot,_________the way for the East India Company to establish itself firmly in the_________and change the course of Indian history.
1) unexciting, take away, exonerate
2) dramatic , paving, saddle
3) comedic, undramatic,
4) normal, lose, applaud
5) ordinary, finish, exaltAnswer – 2)
Explanation : dramatic , paving, saddle
- If the captain is_________, in-your-face,_________, team balance is best served by having a vice-captain who is_________and controlled.
1) obsessive, helping, expected
2) observed, rude, mixed
3) aggressive, belligerent, composed
4) possessive, cooperative, exerted
5) sympathy, rough, separatedAnswer – 3)
Explanation : aggressive, belligerent, composed
- The decision to name Stokes, the_________, confrontational allrounder as vice-captain to the increasingly_________and fun-loving_________should serve English cricket well.
1) fighting, friendly, abide
2) arguing, mean, shallow
3) combative, amiable, Root
4) agreeable, peaceful, rude
5) compromising, gloomy, tasteAnswer – 3)
Explanation : combative, amiable, Root
- He then went on to point out headlines that had only a_________word or words within_________commas and an equal number of headlines that were statements of political leaders and were entirely within_________ marks.
1) analyzing, calm, dullness, citation
2) equalizing, quiescence, excerpt
3) clarifying, torpidity, reference
4) defining, inverted ,quotation
5) verifying, stasis, extractAnswer – 4)
Explanation : defining, inverted ,quotation