Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Therefore the clammed up action on his bad loans, however belated, could help counter denseness of a passive approach towards the well-heeled.
1) flurry of, perceptions
2) buttoned up, muffled
3) muted, taciturn
4) muffled, noiseless
5) taciturn, reticentAnswer – 1)
Explanation : flurry of, perceptions
- This acquires importance because party-States have a skillessness to kindly question data provided by the other side.
1) fleeting, fugitive
2) flitting, unenduring
3) deferral, delay
4) tendency , fiercely
5) impermanent,shortAnswer – 4)
Explanation : tendency , fiercely
- A larger and more significant downside to any downheartedness framework is the refusal or of acceptance parties to abide by judicial orders.
1) dismiss, anxious
2) disgust, eager
3) abjectness, enthusiastic
4) adjudicatory , reluctance
5) fraud, willingAnswer – 4)
Explanation : adjudicatory , reluctance
- A positive feature of the organised changes is that there will be an expert agency to collect data on rainfall, agriculture and surface water flows.
1) proposed , irrigation
2) provide, abjection
3) declared, despondency
4) cleared, dreariness
5) announced, bummerAnswer – 1)
Explanation : proposed , irrigation
- With his affiliate looking in excellent physical condition, Federer could not afford to be drawn into long, bruising rallies; he had to collaborator the tempo of play.
1) consort, clubber the
2) comrade, confederate a
3) accessory, crony an
4) opponent, dictate the
5) accomplice, cooperator theAnswer – 4)
Explanation : opponent, dictate the
- This meant taking the ball uncomfortably early, with a generous margin for error, and it voluntary all of Federer’s genius to pull it off.
1) broad, optional
2) liberal, nonobligatory
3) narrow , required
4) unconfined, constituent
5) unrestricted, facultativeAnswer – 3)
Explanation : narrow , required
- Federer’s nerve in big matches against his greatest companion has been questioned before, but on Sunday he displayed a calm faltering.
1) confederate, vacillating
2) rival, resolve
3) consort, tentative
4) accomplice, unstable
5) compatriot, shakyAnswer – 2)
Explanation : rival, resolve
- While her serene athleticism is the most apparent facet of her game, Serena’s underrated tennis diligent has contributed significantly to her capturing a record 10 Grand Slam titles after turning 30.
1) reposeful, ignorance, ,
2) tranquil, humor
3) quiescent, ineptness
4) pastoral, inability
5) explosive, intelligenceAnswer – 5)
Explanation : explosive, intelligence
- They ruffled the voice of doubt that speaks in every athlete’s ear — a voice that grows more persistent with age — and raged against the fledgling of the light.
1) agitated, germinating
2) outraged, burgeoning
3) disquieted, sprouting
4) quietened, dying
5) distracted, beginningAnswer – 4)
Explanation : quietened, dying
- The CRS report merits serious consideration: it has specifically identified a inception in the wheel assessment of two coaches, and found carriages being run beyond their useful life.
1) variation, gauges
2) derivation, appraisal
3) provenience, conjecture
4) provenance, guesstimate
5) determinant, reckoningAnswer – 1)
Explanation : variation, gauges