Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample inFill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The American security establishment suffers from the_________ that it will be able to control every new military technology it develops; the reality is that other nations_________ catch up and eventually terrorists will acquire it too.
1) amity, doubtfully
2) similarity, questionably
3) certainty, rituality
4) delusion, inevitably
5) actuality, uncertaintyAnswer – 4)
Explanation : delusion, inevitably
- The public would have benefited from knowing what the_______of the people have to say on the drought situation as it has________in their areas.
1) uncharacteristic, undetailed
2) different, uncomplicated
3) atypical, sparing
4) representatives, unfolded
5) orientation, foldedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : representatives, unfolded
- Better sanitation and__________infection control measures in health-care settings will also drastically cut the spread of drug-resistant strains.
5) ineffectiveAnswer – 4)
Explanation : trenchant – effective, प्रभावी
- The Finance Minister has stayed away from_______populism such as raising the income tax exemption limit.
5) HiddenAnswer – 3)
Explanation : overt – open, खुल्लमखुल्ला
- Our Supreme Court has recognised __________ of powers as part of the basic structure of the Constitution, and can therefore strike down even amendments to the Constitution that________ upon this principle.
1) intimacy, discharge
5) separation,infringeAnswer – 5)
Explanation : separation,infringe
- In the last decade, much was written about the_______ use of images, the dangers of digitally manipulating pictures, and mindless cropping that ________ the context of the image.
2) ethical, alters
3) immoral, changes
4) improper, holds
5) unethical, impelsAnswer – 2)
Explanation : ethical, alters
- Clarity on all these points is important to assess the possibility of doubling the income of farmers as________by the PM.
5) opaqueAnswer – 1)
Explanation : envisioned – visualised, विचारना
- There are often complaints of_______interests of commission agents (arhatiyas) and other middle-men driving a wedge between the farmers and the traders (who are the buyers of the crops).
5) MeanAnswer – 3)
Explanation : vested – unconditional, निस्वार्थ
- What can ensure that you achieve a mature outlook to life is — a_________to learn from your experiences, having the_________to change and adapt, and the large-heartedness to respect the differences and viewpoints of others.
1) coincide, resistance
2) willingness , flexibility
3) unwillingness, constraint
4) involuntariness, inelasticity
5) coadjute, inflexibilityAnswer – 2)
Explanation : willingness , flexibility
- drawing from the power and resources within yourself, maturity is the art of being_______for your actions, being sensitive and________towards others and having the ability to change and adapt to circumstances.
1) acceptable, consistent
2) responsible , considerate
3) honest, practical
4) reasonable , insecure
5) regular, avoidedAnswer – 2)
Explanation : responsible , considerate
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification