Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample insentence correction, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Even though love as a constitutional right has never been expressly_______in Indian jurisprudence, this isn’t as_______a notion as one might think.
1) articulated, far-fetched
2) tacit, real
3) vocal, seen
4) clear, IntroduceAnswer – 1)
Explanation : articulated – express, उल्लेख
far-fetched – imaginative, अवास्तविक
- We like to salve our needlessly guilty conscience by__________a religious significance to these sculptures, but few people are__________by this mock spiritual argument.
1) agree, understand
2) renege, perceive
3) discredit, interpret
4) ascribing, deceivedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : ascribing – attribute, श्रेय देना
- We organised feeding centres for the_________, fodder stalls for cattle, and transported drinking water over long_________.
1) secure, warmth
2) rich, sympathy,
3) prosperous, friendliness
4) destitute, distancesAnswer – 4)
Explanation : destitute – helpless, असहाय
- The NPAs eat into profits and that is why banks hide them. In fact, banks further lend to corporates and help them__________ their past loans.
4) PeerlessAnswer – 1)
Explanation : Service
- He reminded us of the historical evidence that state-condoned campaigns against “anti-nationals” lead to_______rule and erode democracy.
4) authoritarianAnswer – 4)
Explanation : authoritarian
- It is almost certain that what could be an important_________of a radically different framework to deliver public________in India will soon get legislative backing.
1) factor, uncover
2) fundamental, disinter
3) element, services
4) hint, dig outAnswer – 3)
Explanation : element, services
- Instead of physical_________such as bags of fertilisers or sacks of rice (which mostly never reach), governments will have the_________to transfer cash or food stamps.
1) distribution, opportunity
2) hoarding, juncture
3) maintenance, leisure
4) store, libertyAnswer – 1)
Explanation : distribution, opportunity
- Constitutional questions may refer to the validity of a statute or a rule, or to issues that require________of the Constitution. A third concern relates the oft-cited difficulties of_________from different parts of the country for whom New Delhi may be too far.
1) assimilation, helper
2) interpretation, litigant
3) blank, associate,
4) apprehension, colleagueAnswer – 2)
Explanation : interpretation, litigant
Interpretation – the action of explaining the meaning of something , व्याख्या
Litigant – a person involved in a lawsuit , मुकदमेबाज; विवादी
- Mr. Prabhu has rightly realised that a major challenge is to recover lost ground in_______ , where a________decline has had a negative impact not only on the Railways’ finances but on the economy as well.
1) contraction, yielding
2) constriction, surrendering
3) freight haulage, persistent
4) adhesion, relentingAnswer – 3)
Explanation : freight haulage, persistent
Haulage – the commercial transport of goods , ढुलाई
Persistent – continous , लगातार
- While banks have been recapitalised in the past, the government has so far stayed away from setting up an ARC, fearing a moral_________.
4) HazardAnswer – 4)
Explanation : Hazard