Welcome to Online English Section with explanation inAffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample insentence correction, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The CBI claims that ACM Tyagi “entered into criminal conspiracy with other accused persons and in 2005” to change the service ceiling of VVIP helicopters from 6,000 m to 4,500 m, to make AgustaWestland eligible to participate in the_________.
5) tenderAnswer – 5)
Explanation : tender
- After the allegations first emerged in Italy, an embattled UPA government had moved_________to order an investigation in February 2013.
5) inundateAnswer – 4)
Explanation : swiftly
- On April 8, 2016, the Milan Court of Appeal__________the order, and sentenced Mr. Orsi to about four years in jail.
5) organizedAnswer – 3)
Explanation : overturned
- Two decades later the case was formally closed by the CBI, saying no_________ evidence was available.
5) immaterialAnswer – 2)
Explanation : concrete
- With extensive use of RTI, he__________the charge, and seven years later the CBI told a Delhi court it couldn’t find any evidence.
5) calmAnswer – 3)
Explanation : contested
- This is not to suggest that defence deals are all clean. In this case, the Indian hand in the deal has been__________by an Italian court.
5) refuteAnswer – 4)
Explanation : corroborated
- Defence deal investigations have a habit of getting complicated by the difficulties in securing the kind of evidence that is required to secure firm_________.
1) grimace2) frontispiece
5) disguiseAnswer – 3)
Explanation : convictions
- Syrian government troops have captured almost 85 per cent of the eastern part of the city which fell into_________hands in 2012 in one of the early setbacks to the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in the civil war.
5) obedientAnswer – 2)
Explanation : rebel
- The regime will now have direct control over all the major cities and population centres in Syria, while for the army, which was on the_________of collapse a year ago before the Russian intervention, the victory is certainly a morale booster.
5) blinkAnswer – 4)
Explanation : brink
- The rebels accuse the regime of indiscriminate bombing and killing civilians, while the government says it had no option but to move in as the city was controlled by “terrorists”. Both are_________true.
5) initiallyAnswer – 1)
Explanation : partially