Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- It also has implications for India’s Pakistan’s policy which_________stuck in a cul-de-sac after the Pathankot attacks despite PM Modi’s personal________to Nawaz Sharif with his surprise Lahore visit last year.
1) cease, inferior
2) depart, fall behind
3) remains, outreach
4) decamp, be inferiorAnswer – 3)
Explanation : remains, outreach
- The non-Congress formations at the Centre were_______by socialists who subscribed to the same_______instinct.
1) concerned, narrow
2) indifferent, incomprehensive
3) different, exclusive
4) dominated, inclusiveAnswer – 4)
Explanation : dominated, inclusive
- When Hindutva showed its inflexibility on first principles, these________broke nationally three times. At the state level, it_______more often.
1) disunion, pass by
2) alliances, happened
3) antagonism, lose
4) discord, missAnswer – 2)
Explanation : alliances, happened
- The public would have benefited from knowing what the_______of the people have to say on the drought situation as it has________in their areas.
1) uncharacteristic, undetailed
2) different, uncomplicated
3) atypical, sparing
4) representatives, unfoldedAnswer – 4)
Explanation : representatives, unfolded
- Their views and suggestions, extending to criticism of government_______, would have provided valuable inputs for dealing with a crisis that calls for both_______and long-term responses.
1) withhold, never
2) measures, immediate
3) frustrate, eventually
4) refuse, laterAnswer – 2)
Explanation : measures, immediate
- While activist judges and PIL-filing NGOs have done a_________job in recent times in taking up public__________, they cannot substitute for elected representatives.
1) stellar, causes
2) inessential, contrecoup
3) minor, residual
4) secondary, residueAnswer – 1)
Explanation : stellar, causes
- We can accurately accuse these regional parties of hypocrisy. But it is true that they have never actively_______to Hindutva because they feel repelled by its_______, majoritarian thrust.
1) sold, martial
2) unsold, invading
3) subscribed, aggressive
4) unsold, intrusiveAnswer – 3)
Explanation : subscribed, aggressive
- State secularism was a top-down_______on the Hindu upper class which was never________about it.
1) quality, doubting
2) state, disinterested
3) position, apathetic
4) imposition, enthusiasticAnswer – 4)
Explanation : imposition, enthusiastic
- The decay of the Congress has produced a predictable, observable effect. It has________our majoritarian instinct, exposing it to the world, from which it had been________.
1) reported, exposed
2) revealed, hidden
3) debut, bare
4) get out, exhibitedAnswer – 2)
Explanation : revealed, hidden
- For a detailed discussion on how these new revelations will impact the India-Pakistan________see TOI’s video chat with foreign policy expert Dhruva Jaishankar,________at Brookings India Centre.
1) equation, fellow
2) comparison, enemy
3) equalization, accusation
4) statement, contenderAnswer – 1)
Explanation : equation, fellow
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification