Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- As Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has pointed out, biometrics___________ under the Aadhaar enrolment process will___________ no individual can hold more than one PAN card to___________ tax dues.
1) bring through, assure, appearance
2) captured, ensure, evade
3) rescued, insure, countenance
4) carry through, safeguard, clinch
5) pull through, warrant, obverseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: captured, ensure, evade
- In an age where data are stored in electronic form, it is possible to___________ vast amounts of information___________ various databases ___________ from applications for passports, driving licences, ration cards, and more.
1) frontage, from, orbiting
2) lineaments, for, presentation
3) disproportion, to, pirouetting
4) overbalance, for, gyrating
5) collate, from, rangingAnswer – 5)
Explanation: collate, from, ranging
- The promise of nuclear power has thus far___________ all of these concerns, and India has reason to be proud of its technology and___________ to look for non-fossil ___________ in its energy planning.
1) grimace, session, necessity
2) frontal, occasion, restraints
3) outweighed, determination, alternatives
4) establish, conclusion, constraints
5) certify, signification, compulsionsAnswer – 3)
Explanation: outweighed, determination, alternatives
- However, with rapid progress in technology in other___________ energy sources such as wind and solar power, the ___________ of oil prices and the expansion in gas projects as a viable and clean ___________ , that promise has dimmed.
1) renewable, collapse, alternative
2) exhaustible, unimportant, restraint
3) obligation, disguise, obligation
4) frontispiece, protect, compulsion
5) glower, cinch, constraintAnswer – 1)
Explanation: renewable, collapse, alternative
- ___________ about the security of EVMs have been raised ___________ a decade in courts, and the EC has ___________ demonstrated how the security of the machines cannot be compromised.
1) aspect, over, instruct
2) Complaints, over, repeatedly
3) nonrenewable, above, persevere
4) incomprehensible, above,
5) confirm, under, endeavorAnswer – 2)
Explanation: Complaints, over, repeatedly
- The EC has ___________ to assure sceptics that the security of the machine is ___________ through both technological and ___________ means.
1) persist, deterioration, repeatedly
2) display, prevented, fictitious
3) sought, enabled, procedural
4) guard, disallowed, pretended
5) arrange, inhibited, counterfeitAnswer – 3)
Explanation: sought, enabled, procedural
- The ___________ -in of software in a one-time programmable chip ___________ external ___________, time stamping of every key pressed allows for monitoring, production testing is done for quality control, and so on.
1) grinding, stopped, initiate
2) developing, necessity, ignorance
3) expanding, accommodate, noninvolvement
4) wiring, disallows, manipulation
5) creating, blocked, entertainAnswer – 4)
Explanation: wiring, disallows, manipulation
- The use of EVMs has cancelled out the effect of ___________ votes, making the process ___________ besides keeping it ___________ and effective.
1) restrict, fragile, prefer
2) invalid, robust, simple
3) insignificant, introduce, rigid
4) physiognomy, drudge, complicated
5) allow entrance, install, complexAnswer – 2)
Explanation: invalid, robust, simple
- The continuous ___________ in asset quality, especially at the public sector banks (PSBs), has led to low profitability and ___________ value___________ to the principal shareholder — the government.
1) improvement, insignificant, annihilation
2) development, routine, construction
3) construction, mask, strengthening
4) betterment, scatter, calibration
5) deterioration, substantial, erosionAnswer – 5)
Explanation: deterioration, substantial, erosion
- When PSBs, with their ___________ -door top managements, have little ___________ or accountability to redress the ___________ imbalance in their balance sheets, it is time the largest shareholder delivers an ultimatum: shape up or be prepared to face the consequences.
1) revolving, incentive, burgeoning
2) resolving, albatross, withering
3) swirling, impedance, shrinking
4) spinning, impediment, burgeoning
5) encircling, interruption, beginningAnswer – 1)
Explanation: revolving, incentive, burgeoning