Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- India’s job market is_____________overcrowded with school-leavers and even graduates and post-graduates who remain unemployed because they lack practical skills.
4) reprehensibleAnswer – 1)
Explanation: desperately – in a way that shows despair.
- The_____________aim of social uplift through reservations has given rise to corruption.
4) ignobleAnswer – 1)
Explanation: laudable – (of an action, idea, or aim) deserving praise and commendation.
- If a nation wants to_____________investment and drive economic growth, one of the most important actions it can take is tax reform.
1) blamable2) brittle
4) attractAnswer – 4)
Explanation: attract – cause to come to a place or participate in a venture by offering something of interest or advantage.
- Businesses are grappling with increased mobility, fast-moving innovation, and pressure to be more_____________than ever.
4) wretchedAnswer – 1)
Explanation: agile – able to move quickly and easily.
- Top-line growth and market share tend to be the most powerful variables explaining the statistical_____________of returns.
4) variabilityAnswer – 4)
Explanation: variability – lack of consistency or fixed pattern; liability to vary or change.
- Many investors fail to appreciate the extreme price sensitivity and_____________of the Indian consumer, along with a balkanised market frequently more local than national.
4) blunderingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: sophistication – the quality of being sophisticated.
- To be successful, business models need to localise, adapt, and frequently re-invent themselves to create a_____________Indian product offering.
4) ponderousAnswer – 1)
Explanation: uniquely – in a way that belongs or is connected to only one particular person or thing.
- SoftBank’s investment criteria remain unchanged: it looks for_____________business models targeting huge addressable markets.
4) clownishAnswer – 1)
Explanation: disruptive – causing or tending to cause disruption.
- In finance, credit card_____________rates will likely never approach those seen in the West, but we will move straight to a tech-enabled digital finance model.
4) penetrationAnswer – 4)
Explanation: penetration –
- Investors who are in the market for the long term need not be_____________by the mismatch between the bounce in the market and hard economic data.
1) knock off
2) repose3) spooked
4) lubberlyAnswer – 3)
Explanation: spooked –