Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- The writer, like a spider,____________a web; the creatures caught in the web have no substance, no reality.
4) compilesAnswer – 1)
Explanation: spins – turn or whirl round quickly.
- Continuous unemployment has induced in the people a kind of,____________which is most depressing.
4) instigationAnswer – 1)
Explanation: laziness – the quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness.
- Women should be paid the same as men when they do the same job, for surely, what is sauce for the,____________is sauce for the,____________.
1) fox, vixen
2) cock, hen
3) duck, doe
4) goose, ganderAnswer – 4)
Explanation: goose, gander
goose – a large waterbird with a long neck, short legs, webbed feet, and a short broad bill. Generally geese are larger than ducks and have longer necks and shorter bills.
gander – a male goose.
- It is time that professors came down from their,____________towers and studied the real needs of the students.
4) isolatedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: isolated – far away from other places, buildings, or people; remote.
- Everyone was,____________by surprise when the announced her plan to marry that boy.
4) deadenedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: taken – lay hold of (something) with one’s hands; reach for and hold.
- Our,____________lived in caves and used crude implements.
4) appreciatorsAnswer – 2)
Explanation: ancestors – a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended.
- ,____________my knowledge, Mr. Ashok has a prejudice,____________foreigners.
1) with, to
2) to, for
3) of, of
4) In, forAnswer – 4)
Explanation: In, for
- The police,____________him of stealing a car.
4) threatenedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: charged – having an electric charge.
- The victim tried to tell us what had happened but his,____________were not audible.
4) wordsAnswer – 4)
Explanation: words – a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed.
- Survival of mankind itself is in danger due to__________of atomic weapons.
4) preparationAnswer – 2)
Explanation: proliferation – rapid increase in the number or amount of something.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification