On May 26,2020 Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of Rajasthan in association with Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED), under Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India have organized Webinar under Know Your Scheme-Lecture Series on “Van Dhan Yojana : Learning For Post Covid-19” to assist tribal people who were worst affected on COVID-19.
Key people :- Shri Pravir Krishna, Managing Director of TRIFED, Ministry of Tribal Affairs has given complete discussion and initiatives for tribal people. MS. Mugdha Sinha, Secretary, Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan has conducted the Webinar.
Highlights of discussion to implement:-
- TRIFED (under Ministry of Tribal Affairs) is doing a vital role for 50 lakhs tribal people who depends on forest produces and having inherent skills in forest harvesting. Also discussed to procuring tribal-made products and selling them in nationwide and worldwide under the banner of TRIBES India.
- Additional 145 VanDhan Vikas Kendras that can be sanctioned in Rajasthan and may be established as ‘Tribal Startups for Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
- The appointment of Aajeevika / Forest Department as second Implementing Agency under Van Dhan Yojana would further expand the coverage of Van Dhan to all Districts of Rajasthan, also increasing the coverage of super foods like Bajra, Jawar, millets, etc.
- It is possible to ensure a revenue of Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000 per person per year by VanDhan Value addition Scheme, two to three times of the same.Other discussion on Webinar:-
- TRIFED also revised the Minimum Support Prices of Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP).
- 5 lakhs of tribal artisans engaged their life through handicraft & handlooms, engaged in Textile weaving, Metal Crafts, Home Décor, Jewellery, Block Printing, ornamental Painting etc.There is a need to help the tribals with their skills in Value addition and enable them as Micro enterprises.
Initiative by TRIFED to help tribals:-
- #GoTribal campaign– via opening up of over 120 permanent outlets aross the country (including airports), ecommerce platforms, exhibitions, organizing grand ‘Aadi Mahotsavs; and entering into tie-ups for providing training to the artisans for further capcity building, quality improvement and market alignment.
- ‘Tech for Tribals’ – a initiative by partnering with leading IITs and IIMs of the country along with the Ministry of MSME to form an Entrepreneurship Skill Development Program.
- #iStandWithHumanity, Art of Living Foundation- Initiative through a Stand With Tribal Familiescomponent provided Ration Kits for survival of the tribal community.
- Van Dhan Samajik Doori Jagrookta Abhiyaan in association with UNICEF provide important information regarding COVID-19 with several guidelines, nation-wide and state-specific webinars and instructions on safety measures to be followed.
- door to door procurementof NTFP items in Chhattisgarh, sale of Van Dhan products through mobile vans in Manipur, establishment of MFP Processing units (TRIFOOD) at Raigad, ‘Apni Dukan’ initiative in Madhya Pradesh, among others.
About Van Dhan Yojana:
i.It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED. It was launched on 14th April, 2018 to improve tribal incomes through value addition of tribal products.
- At the central level the scheme will be implemented by the M/O of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department, at national level the TRIFED is Nodal Agency.
- At state level, the State Nodal Agency for MFPs and the District collectors are envisaged to play a pivotal role in implementation of the scheme at grassroot level.
iii.There is a focus on Digitization of dashboards, monitoring of VanDhan projects to streamline the flow of information, track progress and enable quick submission of proposals under the scheme.
TRIFOOD– This Scheme is a joint initiative of M/O of Food Processing Industry, M/O Tribal Affairs and TRIFED.
It came into existence in 1987 & is a national-level apex organization functioning under the administrative control of the M/O Tribal Affairs. It has a network of 13 Regional Offices located at various places in the country.
Head Office– New Delhi, India
Managing Director– Pravir Krishna