Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Science Harsh Vardhan in his a two-day maiden visit to Nagaland.
- During the visit he inaugurated DBT created Biotech Infrastructure facility at ICAR- National Research Centre on Mithun, Jharnapani.
- The minister also inaugurated Twinning Network Project on Chemical Ecology of North Eastern Region at Nagaland Science and Technology Council.
Biotech Infrastructure Facility at ICAR-National Research Centre on Mithun
Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the Department of Biotechnology funded Biotech Infrastructure Facility (BIF) at ICAR-National Research Centre on Mithun (ICAR-NRCM), Jharnapani in Nagaland.
- Mithun is a unique large semi-domesticated animal of the bovine family, endemic to the North-eastern States of India.
- It is the symbol of the state people but also demonstrate India’s unity in diversity by strengthening the bondage between different communities.
- Harsh Vardhan recognized that ICAR-NRCM is the only institute of its kind in the world solely dedicated to the conservation, propagation and expansion of Mithun which itself is geographically limited to Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
Harsh Vardhan launches Twinning Network Program in Kohima
Minister for Science and Earth Sciences Harsh Vardhan launched government funded Twinning Network Program on Chemical Ecology of North East Region.
- This platform would produce dramatic results in meeting objectives of organic farming which is the need of the hour.
- Twinning Network Program on Chemical Ecology is a new collaborative and interdisciplinary programme in Chemical Ecology between institutions in the North East and associates in Bangalore.
- This platform objective is to provide a strong stimulus to ongoing research in the NER, while building enduring research and training links with partner institutions.
Inauguration of Paragonimiasis Research Laboratory
The Science & Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan visited the DBT Healthcare Laboratory & Research Center at the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK).
- He also inaugurated the Paragonimiasis Research Laboratory in the presence of State Health and Family Welfare Minister, P Longon.
- The Paragonimias is Research Laboratory Project at Naga Hospital has been funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.