Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are covering some important Banking Awareness Questions. Do study this banking quiz thoroughly as it may prove to be helpful in upcoming exams.
- According to a recent news, the State Bank of India was being put in “Hall of Shame” list along with some other banks. The reason for this was
A) for not recovering the NPAs in the last 6 months
B) for financing a US cluster bomb manufacturer
C) for supporting Vijay Malaya
D) it listed the worst NPAs ever the last quarter
E) None of theseB) for financing a US cluster bomb manufacturer
The State Bank of India has defended financing a US cluster bomb manufacturer, saying its investments were legal, after being put in a “Hall of Shame” along with several other major banks by a Dutch campaign group.
A report by PAX last week listed the government-owned bank as one of 158 lenders – including JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, Bank of America and Credit Suisse – that violated an international ban for investing in cluster bomb firms.
- How much amount is going to be disbursed by banks under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana in FY’17?
A) Rs 2.80 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.50 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.80 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.30 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.20 lakh croreC) Rs 1.80 lakh crore
Having met the target last year, banks are expected to disburse Rs 1.80 lakh crore loans under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) in the current fiscal, Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha said today.
Last year, 3.5 crore beneficiaries availed Rs 1.22 lakh crore loans under PMMY.
- Star Union Dai-Ichi Life insurance is a life insurance joint venture between life insurer Dai-Ichi and which banks?
A) Indian Overseas Bank and United Bank of India
B) Bank of India and Union Bank
C) Canara Bank and Bank of India
D) Allahabad Bank and OBC Bank
E) Union Bank and Bank of BarodaB) Bank of India and Union Bank
Star Union Dai-Ichi Life insurance = Japan’s largest life insurer Dai-Ichi + Bank of India + Union Bank
- Bank of India has sold how much percent of its stake in Star Union Dai-Ichi Life insurance to Dai-Ichi?
E) 12%A) 18%
The shareholding of Dai-Ichi in the Indian life insurance venture will now increase from 26% to 44% while Bank of India’s shareholding will decrease from 30% to 48%. Union Bank will continue to hold 26%.
- Which of the following banks has planned to commence urban microfinance operations in its 85 branches across the country?
A) Yes Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) Axis Bank
E) None of theseD) Axis Bank
India’s third largest private sector lender Axis Bank has forayed into Urban Microfinance segment and will now provide collateral free credit facilities to low-income women groups. The urban micro lending initiative ‘Axis Sahyog’ under the Bank’s flagship microfinance programme will be delivered via its technology driven ‘TAB based lending’ solution.
- Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd is going to be merged with which of the following?
A) DHFL Vysya Housing Finance Ltd
B) Cent Bank Home Finance Limited
C) Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd.
D) Manipal Housing Finance Syndicate Ltd.
E) None of theseA) DHFL Vysya Housing Finance Ltd
Dewan Housing group companies Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd and DHFL Vysya Housing Finance Ltd will be merged into one to create a pan-India entity with Rs 3,300 crore of loan assets for financing affordable housing, a priority area for the Narendra Modi-led government.
The merger plan received backing from International Finance Company (IFC), which holds 20% in Aadhar Finance and provides financial support to India’s scheme of promoting dwelling units for low income families.
- Which of the following international organization is going to invest Rs 60 crore in Aadhar Housing Finance?
A) International Monetary Fund
B) International Finance Corporation
C) Asian Development Bank
D) World Bank
E) European Investment BankB) International Finance Corporation
The World Bank’s private sector funding arm International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Wadhawan Global Capital Pvt Ltd are going to raise their investments in Aadhar Housing Finance by putting in Rs 60 crore between them to help the housing loan provider to lower income families double its business.
- According to a report by Reserve Bank of India, country’s gross bad loans are expected to grow from 7.6% to ________ by March 2017.
E) None of theseC) 8.5%
Gross bad loans at banks may rise to 8.5 percent of total assets by March 2017 from 7.6 percent in March 2016 if the central bank orders them to conduct a second round of asset quality reviews.
Meanwhile, under a “severe stress” situation, total bad loans could rise to 9.3 percent in March 2017.
- Which of the following has decided to block LPG subsidy and PAN of the tax defaulters?
C) Income Tax Department
D) Govt. of India
E) Finance MinistryC) Income Tax Department
Income Tax Department is set to block Permanent Account Number (PAN) of wilful defaulters and their LPG subsidy and take measures to ensure that they are not sanctioned loans.
- According to United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) report, what is the position of India in Asia among the largest recipients of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)?
E) 6thC) 4th
Switzerland based United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) released the World Investment Report stated that India is the fourth largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment in Asia and ranked tenth Position in World.
UN Economist said that involvement of India in Foreign Direct Investment is likely to reach USD 60 billion in 2016