Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important questions which are common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Delhi and ________ have decided to open branches of each other’s banks in each other’s country to expand trade and investment partnership.
D. None of theseA. Tehran
Explanation:Iran’s Pasargad and Parsian banks will open branches in Mumbai and Delhi and Saman Bank will also do banking activity in India independently. An Indian bank will also open a branch in Iran. This was decided at the recently concluded Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) that also decided to explore partnership in the fields of insurance and tourism sectors besides the sectors of energy, infrastructure, ports, railways, trade and consular matters.
- Government has infused Rs 2,229 crore into which public sector bank in lieu of preferential allotment of shares?
A. Bandhan Bank
C. Canara Bank
D. SBIB. IDBI
Explanation:Receipt of consideration amount of Rs 2,229 crore from government towards preferential allotment of equity shares
*Recent: Government had announced capital infusion of Rs 20,088 crore in 13 public sector banks that include PNB, SBI, IDBI, Bank of Baroda and Canara Bank.
- Which bank has earmarked Rs 20 crore to support employees who were affected by the recent floods in Chennai?
B. Doha Bank
C. Royal Bank of Scotland
D. None of theseC. Royal Bank of Scotland
Explanation:The company has taken up an initiative in which Rs 20 crore has been allotted towards special relief fund that will be available as interest free loans to support rehabilitation work for colleagues affected by floods
- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Canara Bank is
A. Shri. Pradyuman Singh Rawat
B. Rakesh Sharma
C. Rajesh Sharma
D. None of theseB. Rakesh Sharma
Explanation:Before joining Canara Bank, Sharma was MD and CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank since March 7, 2014.
*Canara Bank Headquarters: Karnataka
- ________ launched “MUDRA card” under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojna (PMMY) to provide easier credit facilities to micro units started by entrepreneurs engaged in non-farm activities.
A. State Bank of Travancore
B. State Bank of Hyderabad
C. State Bank of Patiala
D. State Bank of Bikaner and JaipurD. State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
Explanation:Mudra card is an ATM cum debit card which the entrepreneurs availing loans under PMMY can use at all ATMs and POS machines. It can also be used for online purchase of their raw material and stocks.
*Jyoti Ghosh, SBBJ Managing Director
- Which bank launched Chillr Mobile app and becomes the first public sector bank to partner with Chillr?
B. Dena Bank
C. Bank of Baroda
D. ICICI BankC. Bank of Baroda
Explanation:Using the Chillr app, Bank of Baroda customers who are registered for Bank’s Mobile banking facility can transfer money instantly to their phone book contacts without the need for account details of the recipient. Chillr, a first-of-its kind application, is directly linked to the customer’s bank account.
Bank of Baroda CEO: P.S.Jayakumar, Headquarters:Mumbai
Slogan: India’s International Bank
- Which bank launched skill development mission initiated by the Centre to train millions of youths and make India a hub for skilled workforce?
A. Federal Bank
C. Yes Bank
D. ICICI BankA. Federal Bank
Explanation:As part of its CSR activities, the Bank has decided to start a pilot skill academy in Kochi which will impart highly demanding courses like plumbing system design and technology courses to meritorious students. The entire fees and infrastructure for the programme will be borne by the bank.The Bank has tied up with SB Global Education Resources Pvt Ltd as its implementing partner for the first such project.
*Federal Bank MD &CEO: Shri Shyam Srinivasan,Headquarter:Kerala
- Disha Microfin and________, will merge expecting the combination to help them launch a stronger small finance bank.
A. Muthoot Finance
B. Bajaj Finance
C. Future Financial Services
D. None of theseC. Future Financial Services
Explanation:Disha is one of the 10 companies that have received licences to set up small finance banks. These entities have 18 months to comply with the rules and start operations. The minimum paid-up equity capital for small finance banks is Rs 100 crore.
*Rajeev Yadav, chief executive of the Fincare group
- South India-based Lakshmi Vilas Bank appointed _________ as bank’s new managing director and chief executive officer.
A. P. Mukherjee
B. Pardeep Sinha
C. Rakesh Sharma
D. None of theseA. P. Mukherjee
Explanation:The Reserve Bank has given its approval for appointment of Parthasarathi Mukherjee as new MD and CEO of the bank for three years from the date of his taking charge. He succeeds Rakesh Sharma, who has joined as MD and CEO of Canara Bank.
- As on December 15,2015 Banks have opened ________ accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
A. 15.21 crore
B. 18.12 crore
C. 19.21 crore
D. 19 croreC. 19.21 crore
Explanation:PMJDY,a life insurance cover of Rs 30,000 and an accidental insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh.
*The government last year launched three social security programmes-the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (18-70 years of age, annual premium of Rs.12), the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (18-50 years of age, annual premium of Rs.330) and the Atal Pension Yojana (18-40, at the age of 60 a sum of Rs.1,000 (2000,3000,4000 or 5,000 will be paid monthly).