AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs October 8 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs Today
- Current Affairs October 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs September 2018 PDF
- Current Affairs 2018 PDF
- Russian President attended the _______ India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
5) 21stAnswer – 3) 19th
On October 4, 2018, Russian President Vladimir Putin reached New Delhi commencing his on two-day visit to India. He was received by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.The Russian President attended the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
- Where was the 2-day First Regional Conference on ‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ held
5) KohimaAnswer – 2) Shimla
On October 4, 2018, the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, Shri Acharya Devvrat inaugurated the 2-day First ever Regional Conference on ‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ to devise strategies and programs for bettering conditions of Women Prisoners and upholding their Fundamental Rights at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Name a website and an application launched by Maharashtra to accurate analysis of drought-like situation in villages of the state.
1) Aaple Sarkar
2) My Plant
3) Shaur Nahin
4) Rythu Bandhu
5) Maha MadatAnswer – 5) Maha Madat
On October 6 2018, The Maharashtra Government has launched a website and an application ‘Maha Madat’ for collectively analysing the rainfall, crop situation and underground water level using modern technology.The website has been created by the Relief and Rehabilitation Ministry with the help of the Maharashtra Remote Sensing Application Centre (MRSAC).
- Which state government launched a scheme aimed to provide Rs.10000 p.a worth of Free Electricity To Farmers To Increase Their Income?
2) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer – 1) Rajasthan
On October 7, 2018, the Rajasthan government launched a scheme aimed to provide free electricity to farmers of the state having electric connections in general category for specific limit. According to the scheme, more than 12 lakh farmers of the state will receive free electricity up to Rs 10,000 for a year on their agricultural electricity connection.
- Which state govt unveils ‘Unnati’ scheme to create end-to-end support infrastructure for startups and entrepreneurs from a marginalised background?
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer – 4) Karnataka
On October 6 2018, Karnataka state government,unveils the Unnati scheme,which will invest up to Rs 20 crore to create end-to-end support infrastructure for startups and entrepreneurs from a marginalised background.The Objective is to deliver sustainable development and social welfare which will identify, mentor, and promote young entrepreneurs from the SC/ST communities.
- _________________ Directions, 2018’ released by Reserve Bank of India.
1) External Commercial Borrowings
2) Electronic Trading Platforms
3) Money Market Instruments
4) Money Transfer service scheme
5) None of aboveAnswer – 2) Electronic Trading Platforms
On October 5, 2018, RBI issued norms for operating Electronic Trading Platforms to enable transactions in eligible instruments.The directions are thus called: ‘The Electronic Trading Platforms (Reserve Bank) Directions, 2018’. As per the norms, ETPs will strictly mean any electronic platform except the stock exchange, where transactions of eligible instruments would take place.
- Richie Benaud named Sport Australia Hall of Fame Legend. Richie Benaud belongs to which sport?
5) None of aboveAnswer – 4) Cricket
On October 6 2018, Richie Benaud will be posthumously honoured as ‘Legend’ by Sport – Australia Hall of Fame.Benaud, a former Australia captain who became one of the most loved voices of cricket after his playing days.He will be the 40th Legend of Australian Sport and the third cricketer to be bestowed the prestigious annual honour.
- Who was appointed the next Indian Ambassador to the Republic of Croatia, on 5th October 2018?
1) Arindam Bagchi
2) Ravi Mathur
3) Shilpa Sundar
4) Mani Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Arindam Bagchi
On 5th October 2018, Arindam Bagchi was appointed the next Indian Ambassador to the Republic of Croatia. Arindam Bagchi is a 1995 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer. At present, he is Deputy High Commissioner to Sri Lanka in Colombo. He has been appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to the Republic of Croatia. He will replace Sandeep Kumar. He would take up this assignment soon.
- International Finance Corporation, the financial arm of World Bank, approved to a green loan of _____ rupees to Aditya Birla Finance for a period of 7 years, on 4th October 2018?
1) Rs 1000 crore
2) Rs 2500 crore
3) Rs 5670 crore
4) Rs 3467 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rs 1000 crore
On October 4, 2018, International Finance Corporation, the financial arm of World Bank, approved to a green loan of Rs. 1000 crore to Aditya Birla Finance for a period of 7 years. With the assistance of IFC, the ABFL plans to work on IFCs India Country Strategy for FY17-21. It would provide: Access of electricity for 60 million people, Creation of 25 GW of installed renewable capacity, and 11 per cent to the total energy-related greenhouse gas avoidance potential. This would form a part of government of India’s target of 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2022.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the Governor of Himachal PradeshAcharya Dev vrat
- Bor Wildlife Sanctuary and Chaprala Wildlife Sanctuary are located in __________.Maharashtra
- Who is the Chief Minister of Rajasthan?Vasundhara Raje
- Dr. Urjit Patel is a _____th Governor of RBI.24th
- Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala is a Governor of which state?Karnataka