AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs November 3 Quiz 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- In which city India’s first World Food fair was inaugurated?
2. New Delhi
5. KolkattaAnswer – 2. New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘World Food India’ 2017 in New Delhi. India is hosting World Food Fair for the first time. This three-day-long event (from 3rd-5th November, 2017) has been organised by Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the leadership of Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- In which city Indian President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 21st World Congress of Mental Health?
3. New Delhi
5. TrichyAnswer – 3. New Delhi
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 21st World Congress of Mental Health in New Delhi. It has been organised by the World Federation for Mental Health in partnership with Caring Foundation and other institutions. This is the first time, World Congress of Mental Health took place in India. As per National Mental Health Survey 2016, nearly 14 per cent of India’s population required active mental health interventions.
- What is an Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) called?
1. Heart of Indian Navy
2. Indian Navy’s nerve centre
3. Indian Army’s nerve centre
4. Heart of Indian Air Force
5. Indian Government’s nerve centreAnswer – 2. Indian Navy’s nerve centre
Information Management and Analysis Centre (IMAC) located outside New Delhi (IMAC) is Indian Navy’s nerve centre for coastal surveillance and monitoring.
- Where is World’s highest motorable road constructed?
5. NubraAnswer – 4. Ladakh
Border Roads Organisation (BRO) under Union Ministry of Defense has constructed the world’s highest motorable road (at 19300 feet) in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. This road passes through Umlingla Top at a height of over 19,300 feet. It is a 86km long road connecting Chisumle and Demchok villages, located 230 Kms from Leh.
- What should be fitted on the 4 wheel Motor Vehicles sold after 1st December 2017 ?
1. Trunk Organizer
3. Daytime Light
4. Refit container
5. Magnetic sunglassAnswer – 2. FASTags
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways notified that, all four-wheel motor vehicles sold on or after 1st December, 2017, will have FASTags fitted on them by the manufacturer of the vehicle or its authorised dealer. In case of vehicles that are sold as drive away chassis without wind screen, FASTag will have to be fitted by the vehicle owner before it is registered.
- According to World Economic Forum (WEF) India is in which position in Global Gender Gap Index 2017?
5. 125Answer – 3. 108th
India has ranked 108th out of 144 countries on Global Gender Gap Index 2017 released by World Economic Forum (WEF). This year’s rank marks a drop by 21 places as compared to previous year’s ranking.
- Where did the Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7) was held at?
1. Beijing, China
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Bangkok, Thailand
4. Mumbai, India
5. Bern, SwitzerlandAnswer – 3. Bangkok, Thailand
The 7th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7) was held in Bangkok, Thailand. The Government of Thailand hosted the this meet. It was co-Hosted by the United Arab Emirates. Theme for AMER7 was ‘Global Energy Markets in Transition: From Vision to Action’. AMER7 started with a Welcome Reception on 1st November 2017. The Roundtable took place on 2nd November 2017. Site visits took place on 3rd November 2017.
- Which is the “word of the year” according to Collins dictionary?
1. You are Fake
2. Masked People
5. Fake newsAnswer – 5. Fake news
‘Fake news’ has been named the word of the year by Collins dictionary due to its widespread use around the world in recent times. As per UK-based Collins dictionary, there was 365% surge in usage of “fake news” in the last 12 months. Fake News has been defined as “false, often sensational, information disseminated under the guise of news reporting”.
- With which bank, did Government of India signed an MoU to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects?
1. Axis bank
2. Federal bank
3. IDBI bank
4. Dena bank
5. Yes bankAnswer – 5. Yes bank
Yes Bank signed a MoU with the government to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects. Yes Bank said that, the funding will be provided to around 100 food processing projects with an average size of Rs 10 crore each. Focus would be on projects across backend infrastructure, cold chain creation of new processing units, expansion of existing units, forward linkages and food processing clusters in various locations in India.
- Which country tops domestic air passenger traffic in the month of September according to IATA?
5. RussiaAnswer – 3. India
According to global airlines’ grouping IATA, India’s domestic aviation sector grew the fastest and India topped the domestic growth chart again in September as the country registered double-digit growth for 37 consecutive months. i. In September, India recorded a growth of 15.5% while the global demand stood at 5.7%. Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPKs) is a measure of demand.
- Which country approved a $1.1 billion deal to service Qatar’s F-15 fighter jets despite the ongoing diplomatic stand-off between Qatar and its neighbouring countries?
5. SingaporeAnswer – 2. USA
United States (US) Government approved a $1.1 billion deal to service Qatar’s F-15 fighter jets despite the ongoing diplomatic stand-off between Qatar and its neighbouring countries. In June 2017, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates and Egypt cut all diplomatic and economic ties with Qatar accusing it of supporting terrorism across the region.
- The Haryana government signed Na MoU with which organisation to set up a logistics and trading hub in Haryana?
2. Music Canada
4. Comp TIA
5. VerizonAnswer – 3. Verbind
the Haryana government signed a MoU with Verbind, an integrated trade facilitation services organisation, to set up a logistics and trading hub in Haryana. As per the MoU, Haryana government will facilitate Verbind to obtain permissions, registrations, approvals and clearances with reference to the projects from relevant departments. The logistics and trading hub is expected to attract investment of Rs 20,000 crore. The hub will be constructed over an area of 600 acres near Gurugram.
- Totally how many advance pricing agreements (APAs) are signed by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) with Indian taxpayers?
1. 184 APA’s
2. 190 APA’s
3. 104 APA’s
4. 201 APA’s
5. 150 APA’sAnswer – 1. 184 APA’s
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed seven unilateral advance pricing agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers during October 2017. Including these 7 agreements, CBDT has so far entered into 184 APAs, out of which 171 are unilateral and 13 are bilateral. 32 APAs (2 bilateral and 30 unilateral) have been signed in 2017-18 itself. Objective of APA scheme is to provide certainty to taxpayers in the domain of transfer pricing by specifying the methods of pricing and setting the prices of international transactions in advance.
- Who is the richest person in Asia?
1. Azin Premji
2. Anil Ambani
3. Mukesh Ambani
4. Lakshmi Mittal
5. Kumar BirlaAnswer – 3. Mukesh Ambani
According to Forbes’ real time billionaire’s list, Mukesh Ambani has been named as Asia’s richest person. His personal wealth rose by $466 million, due to 1.22 % rise in shares of Reliance Industries on 1st November 2017. On the same day, wealth of China Evergrande Group’s Chairman Hui Ka Yan fell to $40.6 billion.
- Who is appointed as the Additional Director General of Border Security Force (BSF)?
1. Nasir Kamal
2. Bhairon Singh
3. Rajnath Singh
4. K K Sharma
5. D K PathakAnswer – 1. Nasir Kamal
Home Ministry announced that, Nasir Kamal has been appointed as Additional Director General of Border Security Force (BSF). The competent authority has appointed Nasir Kamal, IPS Officer (UP:86) as Additional Director General of Border Security Force (BSF). His appointment is for a period of four years from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Which company got approval for acquiring majority 51.11 % stake in HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)?
5. ONGCAnswer – 5. ONGC
ONGC’s acquisition of 51.11 % stake in HPCL is in line with the government’s plan to create an integrated energy major with businesses spread across the hydrocarbon value chain. The government’s 51.11% stake in HPCL is sold to ONGC for an amount of Rs 26,000 crore to Rs 30,000 crore. The government has set the deadline to complete the ONGC-HPCL deal in the current financial year.
- Which Armed force released Integrated Quarter Master Package Software Application in an event at South Block, New Delhi?
1. Indian Navy
2. Indian Army
3. Indian Air Force
4. Indian Coastal Guard
5. Mishra Dhatu NigamAnswer – 2. Indian Army
Integrated Quarter Master Package (IQMP) software application was released to the Indian Army by the Vice Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen Sarath Chand, in an event at South Block, New Delhi. IQMP is a web based software developed by Army Software Development Centre in association with TCS (Tata Consultancy Services). The application automates various logistics related functions of an Army Unit.
- Name the application launched by Western Railway’s in collaboration with Eyewatch Technologies for women’s safety?
1. Eyetech Railways
2. Eyewatch Railways
3. Protect Women
4. Techrailway Safety
5. Women TechsafetyAnswer – 2. Eyewatch Railways
The free app, ‘Eyewatch Railways’ was developed by RPF of Western Railway in collaboration with Eyewatch Technologies Pvt Ltd. It is available on Google Playstore and App Store. This app helps women commuters in times of emergency, to immediately send out their location, video and audio. It can be instantly viewed on the emergency response control centre at the RPF Control room at Mumbai Central.
- What is Tir and Sujatha?
1. Indian Naval Ships
2. Satellites for Communication
4. Indian Army Aircrafts
5. Indian Coastal guard ShipsAnswer – 1. Indian Naval Ships
Indian Naval Ships Tir and Sujatha and the Indian Coast Guard ship Sarathi arrived at the Colombo port on 02nd Nov 2017 on a goodwill and training visit. The two Indian naval ships are on afive-days goodwill visit to Sri Lanka to participate in the training exercises in a bid to share professional expertise and strengthen India-Srilanka friendship.
- In which country’s aquarium, the World’s longest living dolphin was kept, which died recently?
5. EnglandAnswer – 1. Japan
Nana, a female bottlenose dolphin, died at the Shizuoka Prefecture aquarium, in Japan. Dolphin Nana recently broke a national record of staying captive at the aquarium for 15,666 days, or 42 years and 11 months. Officials at the Shizuoka Prefecture aquarium organised the ceremony in her honour, where a special residence certificate was awarded in her name.
- Which species is regarded as the world’s most endangered great ape?
1. Rhesus Macaques
2. Bonnet Macaque
3. Hoolock Gibbons
4. Grey Langur
5. Tapanuli orangutanAnswer – 5. Tapanuli orangutan
A new species of orangutan ‘Pongo tapanuliensis’ was discovered in the Sumatra island of Indonesia, which has become the world’s most endangered great ape. The species, called ‘Tapanuli orangutan’, lives in the Batang Toru forest on Sumatra island of Indonesia. They are only 800 in number totally. This has made them the most endangered great ape in the world.
- Kidambi Srikanth is related to which sport?
2. Table Tennis
5. ChessAnswer – 1. Badminton
Kidambi Srikanth secured a career-best ranking of World No. 2, after jumping two places in the latest BWF (Badminton World Federation) ranking. Kidambi Srikanth has reached five finals and clinched four titles so far this year. He has 73,403 points that is 4527 point away from World Champion Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, who tops the ranking list.
- Who is Abdul Qavi Desnavi?
1. Urdu Poet
2. Malayalam Journalist
3. Malayalam Poet
4. Telugu Writer
5. Kannada PoetAnswer – 1. Urdu Poet
Urdu author, Poet and literary critic Abdul Qavi Desnavi was born in the village of Desna in Bihar. In the course of a literary career that spanned five decades, he authored a vast body of Urdu works covering fiction, biographies, poetry, and anthologies. His most famous works include ‘Sat Tahriren,’ ‘Motala-E-Khotoot Ghalib,’ ‘Talash-E-Azad,’ and his magnum opus, the biographical ‘Hayat-e-Abul Kalam Azad,’ celebrating the life of freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.