Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 26 2016
- Minister of Railways launched _____________________________ a week-long celebration to highlight the Railway Achievements during 2014-16.
A.RAIL HAMSAFAR SAPTAAH
B.RAIL HAMSIPUR SOPTAH
C.RAIL HAMSIPUR SAPTAAH
D.RAIL HAMSAFAR SOPTAAHAnswer – A.RAIL HAMSAFAR SAPTAAH
Ministry of Railways launched “RAIL HAMSAFAR SAPTAAH” – a Week Long Celebration to showcase Railway Achievements during 2014 – 2016. Each day of the week will focus on a particular theme.
- India’s first ever Passenger Satisfaction Survey at which Airport to conduct a survey of Passenger Satisfaction levels of customs clearance process?
D.MumbaiAnswer – D.Mumbai
CBEC engaged a reputed Management School, L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai (WE School) to conduct a survey of Passenger Satisfaction levels of customs clearance process at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs headed by Prime Minister accorded the approval for Railway projects for improving which sector in various States?
D.ElectricityAnswer – C.Infrastructure
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for Railway projects worth Rs 11,000 crore for improving infrastructure in various states.
- The Union Government headed by Prime Minster granted Ex-post facto approval to set up IIT in Six States. Find the state in which setting up of new IIT is not proposed?
D.ChattisgarhAnswer – C.Telangana
The Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi granted ex-post facto approval to the amendment to the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961. Six new IITs and Conversion of Indian School of Mines – Dhanbad to an IIT.
- Food Safety Standards Authority of India banned which Cancer causing Chemical compound was added in bread?
D.All the AboveAnswer – A.Potassium Bromate
Union government is mulling to ban potassium bromate as a food additive in bread products on behalf the recommendations from a scientific panel under the Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Maharashtra e-governance platform named Mantralaya’s 150 Computers have been attached by which Virus leads to blocks access to Computers?
A.I love you
D.LockyAnswer – D.Locky
Maharashtra’s e-governance platform Mantralaya’s 150 computers have been attacked by malicious software known as Locky ransomware. The virus blocks access to computers by encrypting important files from the Public Works Department and the Revenue department.
- Which Group inked Memorandum of Understanding with California based fashion retainer Forever 21 to acquire its India business from its Diana Retails?
B.Aditya Birla Group’s Fashion and Retail Ltd
C.Hindustan Unilever Ltd
D.None of the AboveAnswer – B.Aditya Birla Group’s Fashion and Retail Ltd
Aditya Birla Group’s Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) has entered into a bindingforever-21 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with California-based fashion retailer Forever 21 to acquire its India business from its Diana Retails which is the current franchise.
- Islamic Development Band is decided to set to open its India Operations at which State that will be its first branch in India?
A.Anand in Gujarat
B.Ahmedabad in Gujarat
C.Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh
D.Lucknow in Uttar PradeshAnswer – B.Ahmedabad in Gujarat
Jeddah-based Islamic Development Bank is all set to open its India operations at Ahmedabad in Gujarat that will be its first branch in India. The Saudi lender’s objective is to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries as well as the Muslim community.
- Which organization/Company decided to increase the maximum sum assured under its insurance scheme to Rs 6 Lakh from Rs. 3.6 Lakh for its 4 Crore subscribers?
A.United India Insurance
C.Employees Provident Fund Organisation
D.Employees State Insurance CorporationAnswer – D.Employees State Insurance Corporation
Union government has imposed the decision of retirement fund body EPFO to closely double the maximum sum assured under its insurance scheme to Rs 6 lakh from Rs 3.6 lakh for its 4 crore subscribers.
- United Nations Environment Programme released Actions on Air Quality Report and reported how many percentage of Air pollution range was increased?
D.7Answer – C.8
Air Pollution range increased by 8% and affect the Air Quality, Report on Air Quality released by United Nations Environment Programme Solutions to tackle -Priority on renewable source, Clean Cooking fuels and Stoves, Fuel sulphur content and public transport.
- ASSOCHAM and KPMG reported that India ranked which position in producer of E-waste in World?
D.7Answer – B.5
India has become the Fifth largest producer of e-waste in the world, wastages roughly 18.5 Lakh metric tonnes of electronic waste and telecom equipment accounting for 12%.
- New Delhi based Gas Authority of India Limited has reconfigured the Jagdishpur – Haldia pipeline connecting which city to link the Dhamra terminal in Odisha?
D.AllahabadAnswer – A.Varanasi
New Delhi based Natural gas transporter GAIL India Ltd has reconfigured the Jagdishpur-Haldia pipeline, at a cost of Rs 12,000 crore ,which will connect Varanasi to the gas grid, to link the Dhamra terminal in Odisha.
- HRD Minister launched _________________Portal, India’s largest online repository of dictionaries at Lucknow.
D.MukyavishyaAnswer – A.Bharatavani
The Union HRD Minister Smriti Zubin Iani has launched a multilingual knowledge portal named bharatavani which has over 130 dictionaries, glossaries and terminology books in text and PDF formats in Lucknow.
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched 20 Nirbhaya buses of which State/UT Transport Corporation that come with safety measures of Women commuters?
D.RajasthanAnswer – D.Rajasthan
These bus security measures include Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), CCTV and panic buttons on every seat. The panic buttons will enable the police to track the exact location of the bus and provide prompt assistance.
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to Amendments in Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950 and added new community in the Puducherry. Name the community?
D.KachariAnswer – C.Irular
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for introduction of two Bills in the Parliament for certain amendments in the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950.
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched ______________ service for RAC and wait-listed tickets to cancel their tickets?
D.404Answer – A.139
Upon this online cancellation by 139 will be allowed only 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train in case of confirmed tickets and up to half an hour before the scheduled departure of the train in case of RAC and wait-listed cases.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification