Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click Here to Read Current Affairs May 27 2016
- Information & Broadcasting Ministry framed Policy guidelines and criteria for Central Government advertisements on websites empanelled by which directorate?
A.Directorate of Advertisement and Visual Publishing
B.Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publishing
C.Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity
D.Directorate of Advertisement and Visual PublicityAnswer – C.Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity
Information & Broadcasting Ministry decided to frame Policy guidelines and criteria for Central Government advertisements on websites. Websites are owned and operated by companies that are incorporated in India which empaneled Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity.
- Indigenously made Fast Patrol Vessel by the Cochin Shipyard for the Indian Coast Guard Ship Commissioned. Name the Vessel.
D.ICGS VarshAnswer – B.ICGS Arush
Indigenously made Fast Patrol Vessel ‘ICGS Arush’ built by the Cochin Shipyard for the Indian Coast Guard was commissioned into Coast Guard at Kochi by the Coast Guard Commander Additional Director General SPS Basra.
- Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar released a booklet that underlining the efforts made by of Defence Production in the last two years in which city?
D.PuneAnswer – A.New Delhi
The booklet is drawing together all achievements in the field of indigenous production of weapon systems and policy initiatives undertaken in last couple of years also about 119 industrial licenses have been issued it reveals.
- Union government has approved proposal to set up an Rs 4,241 crore – National Investment and Manufacturing Zone at which city in Odisha?
D.PuriAnswer – B.Kalinga Nagar
NIMZ would be the third Investment and Manufacturing Zone of India involving a massive area of 163 sq. km. The first phase of the project will be completed by 2020 with initial investment of Rs 3,816 crore.
- Union Government has approved an investment of over Rs 5,530 crore for providing basic infrastructure in over 110 cities across 6 states under which scheme for the current fiscal?
A.Rajiv Awas Scheme
D.Indira Awas YojanaAnswer – C.AMRUT
The funds will used for providing household water taps, improving water supply, sewage networks/seepage management, storm water drains, urban transport and provision of open and green spaces.
- Which Department has taken steps to highlight the initiatives and achievements in the last two years of the NDA Government at the Centre?
A.Press Information Bureau
B.All India Radio
D.All the AboveAnswer – A.Press Information Bureau
The page is hyper-linked on the main page of PIB under the icon Transforming India and Desh Badal Raha Hai. The Information Bureau has gathered a number of success stories throughout the country on various flagship programmes, innovative projects and schemes of NDA government.
- Which country Space Exploration carried out a study that has found that sea ice over in the surrounding vicinity of Antarctica using Satellite Radar?
D.EuropeAnswer – C.USA
National Aeronautics and Space Administration carried out a study that has found that sea ice cover in the surrounding vicinity of Antarctica has been increasing slightly due to global temperature rise.
- Which Financial Company has been ranked 7th among the world’s ten biggest and most powerful companies in the consumer financial services sector?
D.PNBAnswer – B.HDFC
HDFC ranked at 7th position and only Indian Company in Top Ten in the Category which was topped by Global major American Express.
- Which tiger reserve has awarded with the ‘India Biodiversity Award 2016‘at a ceremony held in Mumbai ?
A.Pakke Tiger Reserve
B.Bandipur Tiger Reserve
C.Manas Tiger Reserve
D.Kanha Tiger ReserveAnswer – A.Pakke Tiger Reserve
Pakke Tiger Reserve of Arunachal Pradesh has awarded with the ‘India –Biodiversity Award 2016‘at a ceremony held in
Mumbai. The Horn bill Nest Adoption Programme of the Pakke Tiger Reserve was awarded the prize under the one of its four categories titled- conservation of threatened species.
- Who has been awarded with Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award for the year 2016?
C.Sunil Bharti Mittal
C.Sunil Bharti Mittal
Telecom Tycoon’s Bharti Enterprises founder and Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal has awarded with Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award for this year.
- Who won the National Geographic Bee Contest held at Washington succeed over Saketh Jonnalagadda?
D.Rishi NairAnswer – D.Rishi Nair
Indian Born American Rishi Nair wins National Geographic Bee contest held at National Geographic headquarters – Washington, United States.
- Who is sworn in as the chief minister of West Bengal for the second consecutive time along with 42-member ministry?
B.Shri. Nara Chandrababu Naidu
C.Shri Kalikho Pul
D.Mamata BanerjeeAnswer – D.Mamata Banerjee
Mamata Banerjee was administered oath of office and secrecy by state Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi. It is the second time consecutive won in 2016 election by Mamata Banerjee lead the Trinamool Congress with 211 out 294 seats which is two thirds majority mark.
- Who has named by The Board of Control for Cricket in India for India’s head coach for the team’s tour to Zimbabwe?
D.Tom JohnAnswer – B.Sanjay Bangar
Abhay Sharma has been appointed as the fielding coach for the side. The former India all-rounder will be Head coach for the tour to Zimbabwe, which comprising 3 One-Day International matches and 3 T20 International matches to be played in Harare.
- Which had infringed its copyright by using 11,500 lines of Java code in its Android operating system?
D.SamsungAnswer – B.Google
A six-year court case in which Oracle sought $9 billion from search major for using 11,000 lines of Java software code in its Android software. The Court has ruled Google’s use of 37 Java-application programming interfaces was fair in usage.
- Who has Haryana hailed para athlete won the gold medal in men’s club parathrow at the recently concluded 2016 French Open Athletics Championship in Paris?
A.Amit Kumar Saroha
B.Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda
D.Naresh Kumar SharmaAnswer – A.Amit Kumar Saroha
His feet of 26.58m broke the Asian record which he had himself recorded last year. He has already qualified for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification