Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Anti Terrorism Day is being observed in India on 21st May of every to commemorate the Death Anniversary of which Prime Minister?
Answer – B.Rajiv Gandhi
Anti-Terrorism Day observed Across India on 21 May 2016. The day is celebrated as 25th Death Anniversary of former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi. The day is marked by a pledge taking ceremony among other activities.
- Emmy Award winning English Born Actor has been passed away at the age of 96. Who is he?
Answer – A.Alan Young
Emmy award-winning English-born actor Alan Young, who rode to enduring TV fame alongside a talking horse on the popular 1960s sitcom “Mister Ed” and co-starred in the classic sci-fi film “The Time Machine,” has died at age 96.
- International Buddha Poornima Day is being celebrated on which date to commemorate the Buddha Birthday?
Answer – B.21st May
International Buddha Poornima diwas 2016 is being celebrated on 21.05.16 to commemorate the Buddha Birthday on the auspicious full moon day. Blessed day of Buddha: Birth, Sambodhiprapti and Mahaparinirvana
- Which teams won the Uber Cup 2016 in Badminton Final against the South Korea with points 3-1?
Answer – B.China
China beats South Korea to win Uber Cup 2016 badminton final. China beat South Korea 3-1 on Saturday to win the Uber Cup badminton final. Tang Yuanting and Chen Qingchen beat Chang Ye-na and Lee So-hee 21-14, 21-16 in doubles to give the hosts an insurmountable 3-1 lead
- Cyclonic storm named as _____________ in the Bay of Bengal hits eastern coast of India which is the first tropical cyclone of the Annual cyclone Season.
Answer – C.Roanu
Cyclonic storm ROANU hits eastern coast of India & India sends ships with relief material to cyclone-hit Lanka. An active cyclonic Storm ROANU in the Bay of Bengal has hit the eastern coast of India.
- Who has been not qualified for the Rio Olympics in the Category of Women boxing after went to second round bouts of the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship?
C.Both A and B
D.Either A or B
Answer – C.Both A and B
Five—time world champion M C Mary Kom and Asian Games bronze—medalist L Sarita Devi failed to qualify for the Olympics after they went down in their respective second round bouts of the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships.
- Ex Finance Secretary Ratan P Watal has been appointed as Principal Adviser of which Commission by the Department of Personnel and Training?
Answer – B.NITI Aayog
Former Finance Secretary, Ratan P Watal has been appointed as Principle Adviser for social sector in Niti Aayog. He has been appointed to the post for three years by the Department of Personnel and Training.
- Who has become first woman to climb The Mount Everest for the Seventh Time breaking her own record for the most summits of the world’s highest mountain?
Answer – A.Lhakpa Sherpa
Lhakpa Sherpa,US-based Nepali climbed Mount Everest for the seventh time , breaking her own record for the most summits of the world’s highest mountain by any woman.
- Which organization has nominated Special Envoys Mary Robinson and Macharia Kamau for El Nino and Climate?
Answer – B.UN
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has nominated special envoys for El Nino and Climate – Former Irish President Mary Robinson & Kenyan diplomat Macharia Kamau
- Mumbai Based Mukesh Ambani Chairman of RIL has been honored with which medal for Entrepreneurial Leadership?
A.Othmer Gold Medal
B.Otto Gold Medal
C.National Medal of Science
D.None of these
Answer – A.Othmer Gold Medal
United Based Chemical Heritage Foundation honored the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani with prestigious Othmer Gold Medal for his entrepreneurial leadership
- First world Conference on tourism for development held in which city to set up International Cooperation?
A.Delhi in India
B.Tokyo in Japan
C.Mumbai in India
D.Beijing in China
Answer – D.Beijing in China
First world conference on tourism for development held in Beijing to step up International Cooperation and to promote the tourism in lifting people out of Poverty and Building peace. Venue: Beijing, China
- Which Country has initiated to commute the train service to the sea for the first time who are spending too much time in their cars?
A.United States of America
Answer – A.United States of America
The 6.6-mile Expo Line extension from Los Angeles to Santa Monica marks the return of commuter train service to the sea for the first time since 1950’s.
- Which Government has decided to prohibit the manufacture and distribution of any type of Gutka and Pan masala for a period of one year?
Answer – B.Bihar
Bihar government has decided to prohibit the distribution, manufacture, storage, consumption, transportation, display or the sale of any type of ‘gutka’ and pan masala for a period of one year with effect from 21st May 2016 announced by RK Mahajan, commissioner Of Food Safety, Bihar.
- J P Nadda launched ____________________to be observed across the country in Central Government hospitals.
Answer – B.Kayakalp Fortnight
‘Kayakalp Fortnight’will be observed throughout the country in various central government hospitals from 20th May to 3rd June, 2016. The Objectives of Kayakalp are the standards and protocols have been put in place for upkeep of services within and outside the buildings. To support services such as laundry and food are provided at various locations.
- Which one among is released Census 2011 data on Households by religion, Sex of head of household and household size?
Registrar General and Census Commissioner (RGI) released the Census Data 2011 on Households by religion, sex of head of household and household size depicts the percentage of households to total households in main six religious communities.