Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- The President of India launched a mobile App _______________ for Transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township.
Answer – B.Monitor
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre and launched a Mobile App ‘Monitor’ for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Which party made the maiden success in Assam to head the State by General Assembly Elections held in 2016?
C.Indian National Congress
D.None of these
Answer – B.Bharathiya Janatha
Bharatiya Janata Party gains the position for the First Time. Present Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi conceded defeat and appreciated BJP chief ministerial candidate Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Indian signed with country to amend the participated nation’s Double taxation Avoidance Convention and exchange tax information?
Answer – B.Slovenia
India and Slovenia have signed Protocol amending the India-Slovenia Double Taxation Avoidance Convention. This agreement will widen the scope of the existing framework of exchange of tax related information.
- The Indian women’s relay team in 4x100m category broke the 18-year-old National record to finish in 4th position at the IAAF World Challenge held in which country?
Answer – D.China
The 4x100m women relay team comprising Dutee Chand, Srabani Nanda, HM Jyoti and Merlin Joseph clocked 44.03s to finish the race in the fourth spot.
- The book titled ‘The Drowned Detective’ is penned by
D.None of these
Answer – A. Neil Jordan
The book titled ‘The Drowned Detective’ is authored by Neil Jordan.The book is about a private detective’s pursuit of a missing young woman leads him into an obsessive relationship and undermines the life he took for granted.
- Scientists have discovered a new species of 77-million-year-old_____________ in the United States that have distinctive facial horns and spiked neck shields.
C.Long armed Girafee
D.Sharp Teeth Rhinoceros
Answer – A.Horned dinosaurs
Skull elements of the Fossils of this group have been found in North America, particularly from the northern portion of the Cretaceous landmass Laramidia.
- Which University Scientists have cloned the Zika Virus that could be used to prepare vaccine against the Deadly disease?
A.University of Georgia
B.University of Texas
Answer – B.University of Texas
US scientists from the University of Texas at Galveston have cloned the Zika virus that could fast track a vaccine against the deadly disease. The cloned virus first in the world of its kind that may aid the development of vaccine and therapies against the infection linked to serious birth defects.
- Which country has successfully tested a maritime missile interception system that can shoot down short-range missiles?
Answer – D.Israel
Israel has successfully tested a maritime missile interception system that can shoot down short-range missiles. The missile also called Iron Dome of the Sea.
- UN Chief Ban Ki-moon has appointed eminent Mexican diplomat Patricia Espinosa Cantellano as the head of which office?
D.Ozone Layer Protection
Answer – C.Climate Change
Appointed as Executive Secretary of UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and appointed by UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon.
- Who has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Romania?
D.None of these
Answer – B.Ramesh Chandra
IFS officer A V S Ramesh Chandra Presently High Commissioner of India to Uganda, has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Romania.
- Who has been awarded for “Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award”, highest award given in teaching in US?
Answer – A.Rupa Iyer
An Indian born American biotechnologist Rupa Iyer has honored with University of Houston’s highest teaching award for her continuous and significant contributions to education in United States.
- The Wonders of the World, The Taj Mahal has been ranked in which position as top tourist spots in the world?
Answer – C.5th
Most Iconic wonders of the world, The Taj Mahal has been surveyed as top five tourist spots in the world and Second in Asia.
Surveyed by: Travel Planning and Booking site TRIP advisor
- A two-day International Buddhist conference to remember the 2,560th birth anniversary of Lord Buddha began in which country?
Answer – D.Nepal
International Buddhist conference begins in Nepal to remember the Buddha Birthday Anniversary and Inauguration by Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli from May 19 to May 20.
- Which bank has estimated a loss of Rs. 5,380 Crore in the Final Quarter, the biggest ever quarterly loss in India’s Bank History?
Answer – B.PNB
New Delhi based Punjab National Bank has reported a net loss of Rs 5,370 crore in the March quarter, the biggest ever quarterly loss in India’s bank history. As the bank has had reported a net profit of Rs 307 crore in the last year quarter
- State-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals has successfully commissioned 250 MW thermal unit in which state of Indian Country?
Answer – A.Maharashtra
State-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals has successfully commissioned 250 MW thermal unit in Maharashtra. This is the eighth coal-based unit commissioned by BHEL at Parli Power Station, in Maharashtra.
- Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board signed a pact to form a 50:50 Joint Venture with corporation for implementation of solar power projects in the state?
A.Solar power Corporation of India
B.Solar Energy Corporation of India
C.Sun Power Corporation of India
D.Sun Energy Corporation of India
Answer – B.Solar Energy Corporation of India
The total estimated cost of the project is pegged at Rs 30.72 crore. Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd (SECI) runs under the aegis of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- The historic Aguada fort is located in _____________
Answer – 4.Goa
The historic Aguada fort, which served as a central jail of the state, will become a tourist spot once the government takes a decision on the proposal from the tourism department.