AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 13 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 12, 2017, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, chaired the Northern Zonal Council Meeting held in:
5.ShimlaAnswer – 2.Chandigarh
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the 28th meeting of the Northern Zonal Council comprising States of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, National Capital Territory of Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh. The meeting was held in Chandigarh on May 12, 2017. ‘
- Which among the following will be the first Indian city to get electric radio cabs?
5.KolkataAnswer – 1.Nagpur
With India’s pledge to go all electric by 2030, Nagpur will be the first city in the country to get electric cabs. The service will start from May 26, 2017. The pilot project will start with 200 e-taxis provided by Mahindra and Mahindra.
- Border Security Force (BSF)will install invisible laser walls along Indo-Pak border in Jammu & Kashmir which will detect intrusions and relay information immediately to the nearest post for action. This made-in-India technology is called:
5.Sarhad GuardAnswer – 3.Kavach
Firm named CRON Systems have come up with this intrusion detection system based on infrared array, which is invisible. It is more advanced than laser walls. Kavach walls can also work in transparent water and glass.
- On May 13, 2017, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Mr. J P Nadda launched new Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine(PCV), for Pneumonia in:
5.Himachal PradeshAnswer – 5.Himacha Pradesh
Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) has been launched under Indian Government’s Universal Immunization Programme (UIP). Under Phase – I, this vaccine has been launched in entire state of Himachal Pradesh as well as 6 districts of Uttar Pradesh and 17 districts of Bihar.
- Who is the current Chairperson of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
5.Nita ChakravarthyAnswer – 1.David Syiemlieh
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has decided to disclose information like marks obtained and educational qualifications of candidates who appeared in the final stage of examination (interview) but were not recommended. Scores of such candidates which will be available online through Integrated Information System for Public Recruitment Agencies — a dedicated website being developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), will enable other employers to identify good, employable candidates.’
- 14th International Vesak Day celebration was held in which Asian country?
5.ThailandAnswer – 2.Sri Lanka
14th edition of United Nations Vesak Day celebration was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 12th – 14th May 2017. Sri Lanka hosted this celebration for the first time. Large number of local and foreign delegates participated in this celebration. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief guest for the 14th International Vesak Day celebration in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an Ebola outbreak in which Central African Country?
3.Democratic Republic of the Congo
5.ChadAnswer – v
Ebola outbreak has been declared in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) after one person who died of hemorrhagic fever tested positive for the virus. The last outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo was in 2014 and killed more than 40 people.
- Government of which country has approved the sale of $ 75 million worth high-tech chemical protective clothing for the Indian armed forces that will protect Indian soldiers against biological and chemical warfare?
5.IsraelAnswer – 4.US
Referred to as Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology (JSLIST), the package consists of 38,034 suits, pairs of trousers, gloves, boots, aprons, protective filters and hoods. The sale deal also includes 38,034 M50 general purpose masks.
- 19th Session of India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation was held during 11th – 12th May, 2017 in:
4.New Delhi, India
5.Mumbai, IndiaAnswer – 1.Rome, Italy
The Joint Commission was co-chaired by the Minister of Economic Development Mr. Carlo Calenda from the Italian side and by the Minister of Commerce and Industry Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman from the Indian side.
- Disha Microfin, has received final licence from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a small finance bank. It will commence operation from July 2017 under the name of:
1.Pragati Small Finance Bank
2.Fincare Small Finance Bank
3.Unnati Small Finance Bank
4.Micro Nivesh Small Finance Bank
5.Nutan Jyoti Small Finance BankAnswer – 2.Fincare Small Finance Bank
This small finance bank will focus on the priority sectors and retail segments, and will additionally offer products such as gold loans and affordable housing loans. The management is targeting a loan book of Rs. 20,000 crore over the next five years.
- Index of Industrial Production (IIP)and the Wholesale Price Index (WPI)built on new series of data was unveiled on May 12, 2017. What is the base year for the Indexes in the new series?
5.2013-14Answer – 3.2011-12
The base year for the Indexes in the new series is 2011-12. In the previous series, the base year was 2004-05. The revision of the base year has been done after a period of 8 years.
- Andhra Pradesh State Govt. has signed a deal with ____________ for setting up of Rs 500-crore IT research facility in Vijayawada.
3.Tata Consultancy Services
5.Tech MahindraAnswer – 4.HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies will invest Rs 500 crore in ten years, for a development centre, training facility and other ancillary facilities. HCL aims to hire, employ and train 5,000 local residents in the region in two phases.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved appointment of senior bureaucrats _________ and ________as members in the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
1.R K Mahajan and Mahender Singh
2.R K Mahajan and Sudhir Krishnan
3.Mahender Singh and Sudhir Krishnan
4.R K Mahajan and Lokesh Reddy
5.Lokesh Reddy and Mahender SinghAnswer – 1.R K Mahajan and Mahender Singh
Mahajan is the director general of Central Excise Intelligence and Singh is the director general (audit). Both of them are Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) officers.
- Who among the following has been appointed by World Health Organisation (WHO) as its goodwill ambassador for hepatitis in South-East Asia region to boost awareness and intensify action to arrest the epidemic?
1.Shah Rukh Khan
5.Irfan KhanAnswer – 2.Amitabh Bachchan
This association between WHO and Amitabh Bachchan is expected to help strengthen WHO’s efforts in reducing the high numbers of premature deaths and illnesses from viral hepatitis which is not only causing hardships to individuals and families, but also impacting health and development across the South-East Asia region.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University for a five-year term?
2.Shashi Bala Singh
3.V K Saraswat
5.Pramit JoshiAnswer – 3.V K Saraswat
On May 11, 2017, V K Saraswat, Scientist and former Director General of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was appointed as Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University for a five-year term. V K Saraswat succeeds former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman, K Kasturirangan, who completed his term on March 30, 2017.
- On May 11, 2017, indigenously-built Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, successfully test fired BVR missile. Abbreviation BVR stands for:
1.Binary Virtual Range
2.Beyond Virtual Range
3.Beyond Vector Range
4.Beyond Visual Range
5.Binary Visual RangeAnswer – 4.Beyond Visual Range
LCA Tejas fired the missile to strike a manoeuvrable aerial target. The test was conducted to assess the integration of the Derby BVR missile with avionics, fire-control radar, launchers and missile weapon delivery system of Tejas.
- Four Chinese students will live in a laboratory simulating a lunar-like environment for up to 200 days as Beijing prepares for its long-term goal of putting humans on the moon.This laboratory is being referred to as:
5.’Lunar Utopia’Answer – 3.’Lunar Palace’
Four postgraduate students from the Beijing’s astronautics research university Beihang entered the 160-square-metre (1,720-square-foot) cabin — dubbed the “Yuegong-1”, or “Lunar Palace” — on May 10, 2017.These volunteers will live in the sealed lab to simulate a long-term, self-contained space mission with no input from the outside world.
- Mauno Koivisto, who passed away on May 12, 2017, was the former President of:
5.DenmarkAnswer – 2.Finland
Finland’s first leftist president, Mauno Koivisto who oversaw Finland’s entry into European Union, passed away on May 12, 2017, at the age of 93. He became Finland’s ninth president in 1982, and remained in office for two terms till 1994.
- Karan Singh, Minister for ___________________ in Himachal Pradesh Cabinet, passed away on May 12, 2017
1.Irrigation and Public Health
3.Ayurveda and cooperation
5.Urban DevelopmentAnswer – 3.Ayurveda and cooperation
Karan Singh, minister for Ayurveda and cooperation in Himachal Pradesh, died on May 12, 2017 at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi. He was 59. He earlier held a cabinet position in the BJP government but later had joined the Congress ahead of the 2012 assembly polls.
- Which State Government is considering a proposal to declare “no school bag day” on Saturdays in state-run schools?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 4.Uttar Pradesh
School kids will be allowed to come to school without their school bags on Saturdays so that they can enjoy themselves in creative activities. State Govt. believes that this initiative will establish good rapport between students and teachers and help in their personality development.
- Residents of which states have been exempted from mandatory quoting of Aadhaar to obtain PAN cards and file tax returns?
1.Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Sikkim
2.Jammu & Kashmir, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh
3.Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya
4.Jammu & Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya
5.Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and MeghalayaAnswer – 3.Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya
The revenue department has exempted residents of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, and citizens above 80 years from mandatory quoting of Aadhaar to obtain PAN cards and file tax returns. A notification in this regard has been issued by the government.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.