AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 7 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which State Government has implemented a ‘green protocol’ to make wedding occasions more nature-friendly?
Answer – 2.Kerala
With the implementation of the protocol, plastic and other non-biodegradable articles including disposable glasses and plates and thermocol decorations will be kept at bay from marriage functions. Instead of this, people would be persuaded to use tumblers, plates and other utensils made of glass and environment-friendly metals.
- On June 6, 2017, Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a two-day national level conference on “Capacity Building of SDRF-2017” in:
Answer – 1.New Delhi
The conference, organised by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), held discussions to develop a synergy and to highlight the way ahead to strengthen the response capabilities of State Disaster Response Forces (SDRF).
- Which initiative has been launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda to upscale the quantity and quality of trained professionals in the healthcare system?
1.‘Skills for Youth’
2.‘More Skills, More Growth’
3.‘Skills and Jobs’
4.‘Skill for Life, Save a Life’
5.‘Upgrading Skills for Employment’
Answer – 4.‘Skill for Life, Save a Life’
Under this initiative, various courses are planned to be initiated targeting specific competencies for healthcare professionals as well as for general public. The curriculum has been designed by National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW) and AIIMS, Delhi.
- In context of international taxation, abbreviation ‘BEPS’ stands for:
1.Base Estimation and Profit Shifting
2.Base Erosion and Profit Scaling
3.Base Estimation and Profit Scaling
4.Base Entitlement and Profit Shifting
5.Base Erosion and Profit Shifting
Answer – 5.Base Erosion and Profit Shifting
On June 7, 2017, more than 100 countries including India, signed the OECD multilateral convention in Paris that aims to curb cross border tax evasion by multinational companies. This multilateral instrument (MI) is an outcome of the OECD/G20 BEPS project.
- India has signed an agreement with ________ to provide USD 318 million as line of credit to develop the railway sector in the country
Answer – 1.Sri Lanka
The agreement was signed by RHS Samaratunga, Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Mass media, and David Rasquinha, Managing Director of India’s Export-Import Bank in Colombo. During his first visit to Sri Lanka as prime minister in 2015, Narendra Modi had declared a line of credit of USD 318 million for the development of Sri Lanka’s railway sector.
- On 7th June, 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Second Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for financial year 2017-18. It has kept the policy Repo Rate unchanged at _________%
Answer – 2.6.25%
Repo Rate and Reverse Repo Rate have been kept unchanged at 6.25 per cent and 6 per cent respectively. Statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) has been cut by 50 basis points to 20 per cent starting June 24, 2017 in order to provide more liquidity to banks.
- The RBI has lowered the economic growth projection to ____% for the current financial year from 7.4% earlier
Answer – 1.7.3%
RBI mentioned in the second bi-monthly policy statement that remonetisation would enable pick-up in consumer spending, especially in the cash-intensive segments. Moreover, reductions in banks’ lending rates post – demonetisation should support both consumption and investment demand of households and stress-free corporate.
- Which private sector bank announced biodegradable prepaid gift cards on the occasion of World Environment Day?
5.Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer – 4.Axis Bank
Axis Bank officials have mentioned that the card made of biodegradable plastic will help spread awareness about the benefits of such products. The cards will be acceptable at all domestic merchant outlets and online portals.
- Union Finance Ministry has said that the ministries tasked with clearing foreign direct investment (FDI) proposals in the 12 sectors that need government approval would have to take a decision within ____ days.
Answer – 4.60 days
A memorandum by Finance Ministry has stated that Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), in consultation with the administrative ministries, would frame standard operating procedures to process FDI proposals.
- Who among the following has joined a special UNICEF campaign that highlights the critical role played by fathers in children’s early development?
Answer – 2.Sachin Tendulkar
The UNICEF initiative ‘Super Dads’, coming just days ahead of Father’s Day, celebrates fatherhood and highlights the importance of love, play, protection and good nutrition for the healthy development of young children’s brains.
- Who among the following have been appointed as Independent Directors of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)?
1.K G Karmakar and Mithali Sarkar
2.Gauri Shanka and Mithali Sarkar
3.K G Karmakar and Gauri Shankar
4.Mithali Sarkar and V K Dhond
5.V K Dhond and Gauri Shankar
Answer – 3.K G Karmakar and Gauri Shankar
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved their appointment to the post on the board of directors of the bank for a period of three years. The IPPB has been incorporated as a public sector bank under the Department of Posts with 100 per cent equity of the government of India.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Registrar of Copyrights?
Answer – 4.Hoshiar Singh
The Office of Copyrights, under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, is mandated to protect the music and film industry besides addressing its concerns, among others. The competent authority has approved the appointment of Singh, a 1994 batch officer of the Indian Telecom Service, as Registrar, Copyrights Office, for a period of five years.
- On June 6, 2017, veteran Nepalese politician Sher Bahadur Deuba was elected as Nepal’s prime minister for the ____ time
Answer – 3.fourth time
Deuba, 70, was the sole candidate to contest in the prime minister election as the main opposition UML or any other party didn’t register their candidacies. He secured 388 votes in his favour and 170 votes against him. A total of 558 were cast during the voting. He needed 297 votes in the 593-strong Parliament to prove his majority.
- The world’s first hybrid “aeroboat”, built by a joint venture between ______ and _______ was unveiled on June 6, 2017.
1.India and France
2.India and Russia
3.India and Israel
4.India and UK
5.India and US
Answer – 2.India and Russia
The world’s first hybrid “aeroboat” capable of travelling on land, water, snow and sand that has been built by an Indo-Russian joint venture was unveiled in Moscow on June 6, 2017, at a start-ups event organised by Russia’s state-run Skolkovo Foundation.
- Scientists have discovered a new species of flying squirrel known as Humboldt’s flying squirrel or Glaucomys in which region?
Answer – 2.North America
Known as Humboldt’s flying squirrel, or Glaucomys oregonensis, the new flying squirrel species inhabits the Pacific Coast region of North America. Until now, these coastal populations were simply thought to be the already-known northern flying squirrel
- The first World Pest Day, aimed at eventual reduction and elimination of pest-borne diseases, was launched on June 6, 2017 in:
Answer – 4.Beijing
The inaugural World Pest Day, initiated by the Chinese Pest Control Association (CPCA), proposed to increase awareness of pest-borne diseases and safeguard public health through scientific and professional pest control methods. More than 30 national and international organisations supported this initiative.
- On June 7, 2017, Union Cabinet has approved the proposed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) and Export-Import Bank of which country for export credit of USD 9 billion?
Answer – 3.South Korea
This export credit of USD 9 billion will be utilised for infrastructural development in India and for the supply of goods and services as part of projects in third countries.
- Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Agreement between India and Cyprus on:
1.Outer Space Exploration
4.Art and Culture
5.Exchange of Sentenced Prisoners
Answer – 2.Merchant Shipping
The agreement will pave the way for cooperation in eliminating any hindrances which may hamper the development of sea trade between the two nations. It will encourage participation in the transport of goods between the countries, and also from third countries.
- Union Cabinet has approved the bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for mutual cooperation on matters pertaining to securities markets between Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and securities market regulator of which country?
Answer – 3.Iran
The MoU is likely to promote development of economic links and cooperation between the two regulators. It aims at creating conditions for an effective development of securities markets in the two countries.
- Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Mali for:
1.Exploration of outer space
2.Deep Sea Exploration
3.Knowledge Sharing on Alternative Medicine
4.Standardization and Conformity Assessment
5.Knowledge sharing on organ transplantation
Answer – 4.Standardization and Conformity Assessment
The MoU seeks to provide a mechanism by which India and Mali can work together towards the common aim of strengthening standardization and conformity assessment activities in order to facilitate sharing of expertise and mutual trade.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.