AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 6 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- India’s first rural LED Street Lighting Project will be undertaken in which state?
Answer – 2.Andhra Pradesh
Central government will be retrofitting 10 lakh conventional street lights with energy efficient LED lights in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in Andhra Pradesh. This will be India’s first rural LED Street Lighting Project.
- On June 5, 2017, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed MoU with which Central Armed Police Force for conducting skill development programs under the Skill India Mission?
Answer – 1.CISF
On June 5, 2017, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Ministry of Home Affairs and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) & National Skill Development Fund (NSDF), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The MoU provides that CISF, NSDC and NSDF shall work together at CISF units all across the country where Family Welfare Centres are functional and other CISF locations with an objective to impart skill development programs under the Skill India Mission for the purpose of implementation of CISF Multi Skill Development Institute Projects.
- On June 5, 2017, which country officially joined North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)and thereby became the 29thmember country of NATO?
Answer – 4.Montenegro
Montenegro Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic submitted the official accession papers in a ceremony at the US State Department. The move came in the face of bitter opposition from Russia, which says NATO’s steady expansion into the former communist states of Eastern Europe threatens its own security and cannot go unchallenged.
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates have broken off relations with which country for supporting terrorism?
Answer – 5.Qatar
The three Gulf countries and Egypt accused Qatar of supporting terrorism and destabilizing the region. Qatar– which shares its only land border with Saudi Arabia — has rejected the accusations, calling them “unjustified” and “baseless.” Yemen and the Maldives have also cut ties with Qatar.
- The world’s fastest elevator that can operate at a record breaking speed of 1,260 metres per minute is set to be installed in a skyscraper complex building in:
Answer – 1.China
Developed by Japanese company Hitachi, the elevator will run at the speed of 1,200 metres per minute, when it is in service. The achievement was recorded by China’s National Elevator Quality Supervision and Inspection Centre, a public accreditation body of elevators.
- Which public sector bank is going to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States of the country as part of its initiative to promote digital banking among the rural population?
1.Punjab National Bank
4.Bank of Baroda
5.Bank of India
Answer – 3.Vijaya Bank
Vijaya Bank executive director B.S. Rama Rao said that Vijaya Bank is the only public sector financial institution to develop digital villages with focus on rural areas and it has already developed five villages including the one in Guntur district.
- Which neighbouring country of India has signed a major deal with a Chinese company to develop a 1,200 MW hydroelectric project?
Answer – 4.Nepal
Nepal has signed a major deal with a Chinese company to develop a 1,200 MW hydroelectric project, the biggest hydro project in the landlocked country that could resolve its perennial power crisis.
- Popular writer ____________ has been announced as winner of this year’s Kalinga Literary Awards
Answer – 1.Anand Neelakantan
Popular writer Anand Neelakantan, Odia poet Haraprasad Das and author Paramita Satpathy have been announced as winners of this year’s Kalinga Literary Awards. Anand Neelakantan will be conferred Kalinga International Literary Award. Haraprasad Das will be conferred Kalinga Literary Youth Award. Paramita Satpathy will be conferred Kalinga Karubaki Award.
- Who among the following Bollywood actress has been appointed as brand ambassador for the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI)?
Answer – 3.Dia Mirza
Dia Mirza has been an ardent advocate for nature conservation in India to bring conservation issues before a wider, more mainstream audience. Dia, who was last year made an ambassador for the Swachh Bharat Mission’s ‘Swachh Saathi’ programme, has been the face of several pivotal environmental and humanitarian campaigns.
- Standing Committee of the National Board of Wildlifehas given clearance for Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO’s) long-range missile test facility at South Andamans’ __________ Island.
Answer – 1.Rutland Island
The proposal involves diversion of 49.978 acres forest of which 0.84 ha falls in the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park and 49.138 ha reserve forest within 10km of the Eco Sensitive Zone
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is working on a forecasting system to give 15-day warnings on the likelihood of an outbreak of which diseases?
1.malaria and plague
2.malaria and chikungunya
3.malaria and SARS
4.SARS and chikungunya
5.plague and chikungunya
Answer – 2.malaria and chikungunya
IMD Director-General K.J. Ramesh said such a service was part of a larger initiative by the department to provide custom, weather-related information to cope with challenges of a global warming and its associated impact on weather.
- Which country has successfully tested a solid-fuel variable flow ramjet engine which could enhance the real combat ability of the country’s stealth aircraft and boost firing range of missiles?
Answer – 4.China
The solid-fuel ramjet engine is a member of the ramjet engine family, which has the advantage of low cost, high power, and high controllability with compact size. The new engine can remarkably increase the firing range and mobility for air-to-air missiles and anti-ship missiles.
- As per ‘Animal Discoveries 2016, New Species and Records’, brought out by the Zoological Survey of India and ‘Plant Discoveries 2016’, by the Botanical Survey of India, how many new species of animals and plants have been discovered from various areas of India last year?
1.299 new species
2.399 new species
3.499 new species
4.599 new species
5.699 new species
Answer – 3.499 new species
Of the new animal species, 258 are invertebrates and 55 vertebrates. As many as 97 species of insects, 27 of fish, 12 species of amphibians, 10 of Platyhelminthes, nine of Crustacea and six of reptiles have been discovered.
- Astronomers have discovered the hottest planet ever known, with a dayside temperature of more than 4,300 degrees Celsius. This planet is called:
Answer – 1.KELT-9b
According to a study published in the journal Nature, this planet, called KELT-9b, is hotter than most stars. KELT-9b is 2.8 times more massive than Jupiter, but only half as dense.
- Which football club has retained the UEFA Champions League title by defeating Juventus in the final match at Cardiff, UK?
Answer – 2.Real Madrid
Real Madrid has won the UEFA Champions League title for a record 12th time. For Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 2 goals, whereas Casemiro and Marco Asensio scored one goal each.
- Juan Goytisolo, who passed away on June 4, 2017, was a:
2.Spanish Film Actor
Answer – 3.Spanish Writer
Goytisolo built his reputation as a novelist, essayist and poet, always willing to take a non-conformist line. In 2014, his work won him the coveted Cervantes literary prize, Spain’s version of the Nobel.
- Era Sezhiyan, who passed away on June 6, 2017, was a veteran:
2.Tamil Film Director
3.Tamil Film Producer
Answer – 5.Tamil Politician
A respected parliamentarian, 94-year-old Sezhiyan was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1962 on a DMK ticket, representing Perambalur constituency. He later represented Kumbakonam in the fourth and fifth Lok Sabha. In 1978 he was elected to the Rajya Sabha on a Janata party ticket. He had quit active politics in 2001.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Lalan Shah Fakir Ke Geet’?
1.Prof. Parag Dholakia
2.Prof. Nandan Rao
3.Prof. Muchkund Dubey
4.Prof. Prem Saraswat
Answer – 3.Prof. Muchkund Dubey
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee received the first copies of book ‘Lalan Shah Fakir Ke Geet’ written by Prof. Muchkund Dubey and DVD of selected songs of Lalan Shah Fakir on June 3, 2017 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- ‘UN Russian Language Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 2.6th June
UN Russian Language Day is observed annually on June 6. The event was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2010. UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin, a Russian poet who is considered the father of modern Russian literature.
- With over 60 different species recorded so far, a butterfly park spread over three acres at the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary in ______ has opened for public.
Answer – 2.Delhi
The park, which has 60 varieties of native trees, 25 varieties of host plants and 30 varieties of nectar plants, has been home to 64 species of butterflies, as per the Environment and Forest Department.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.